AAP Lifetime Brake Warranty?

Does AAP/CarQuest offer a Lifetime Replacement Warranty on Brake Pads for their retail customer?

I know that Autozone will typically replace worn-out brake pads under warranty even if their official policy does not state so.

All lines of the Wearever pads (Silver, Gold, Platinum) state that they have a lifetime warranty, at least the ones I have looked at.

Last time I checked about 3 years ago, AutoZone (my local store) was the only store that still offered free lifetime warranty pad replacement for any reason, including wear, noise, odor, whatever. https://firstquarterfinance.com/autozone-brake-pad-warranty/

Advanced Auto has a limited lifetime warranty for some of their brake pads that covers replacement or refund IF there is a defect under normal usage conditions, i.e. the pad de-laminates or cracks, etc.. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...pads-front-4-pad-set-gnad1092/20750062-P ....Wear is not a defect.

Maybe someone with real Autozome experience will chime in.

Retail I cant say, never been one. I have turned in a few sets of worn out pads in that didnt last as long as I felt they should (usually been Gold pads that I installed for financially challenged customers). Never been questioned but I am a platinum tier pro account so they want to keep my business of course

i asked last time i was picking up a cheapy silver set and they didn't seem to be inclined to do so. They looked at me really weird. Anytime i tried to warranty an item at AAP, it seems like they dont want to do it or they quest everything.

I'm also on what i believe to be my 8th-10th set of Duralast gold pads on the Infiniti. No issues at all with warranty, well the only issue would be the new kid that doesn't know how to enter it correctly.

Originally Posted by bowlofturtle
i asked last time i was picking up a cheapy silver set and they didn't seem to be inclined to do so. They looked at me really weird. Anytime i tried to warranty an item at AAP, it seems like they dont want to do it or they quest everything.

I'm also on what i believe to be my 8th-10th set of Duralast gold pads on the Infiniti. No issues at all with warranty, well the only issue would be the new kid that doesn't know how to enter it correctly.

My experience has always been the opposite (haven't tried to return brake pads, though). AAP has willingly refunded or replaced every item I returned. Their cust Serv has been top notch.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Does AAP/CarQuest offer a Lifetime Replacement Warranty on Brake Pads for their retail customer?

I know that Autozone will typically replace worn-out brake pads under warranty even if their official policy does not state so.

I ran into a situation at AAP where they told me it's a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects, not wear out which they do not define as a defect. I stay clear of them anyway because they are getting way too expensive for everything.

I installed lot of when friend needed right away using discount codes and internet order for pick up but never bother claim their warranty.if pads worn,
I normally bring one old pads and fit it there in counter before taking it home.

I just phoned into one of my local AAP. They said it is limited lifetime warranty and only allow a one time replacement, regardless if it is for wear and tear or defect. Also applies to their rotors, one time replacement only under the two year warranty.

Originally Posted by NASTI
I just phoned into one of my local AAP. They said it is limited lifetime warranty and only allow a one time replacement, regardless if it is for wear and tear or defect. Also applies to their rotors, one time replacement only under the two year warranty.

Then it sounds like a 2-year warranty.

Originally Posted by dubber09
Originally Posted by NASTI

Then it sounds like a 2-year warranty.

Rotors are two year warranty - one time replacement within that two years .
Pads are "Limited lifetime warranty" - one time replacement within indefinite years.

I'd not change rotors without changing pads.
Pads usually last 5 years or so and many people change cars within that time frame or there are other reasons they'd not take advantage of the free pads' change where pads are most likely cheaply made to even consider offering such warranty.
But I also do this type of work myself.

Back