AAA of Florida does NOT give you a free battery even if your home membership does.

Just a heads up, but I have the AAA Premier membership from AAA Mid-Atlantic with the free battery upgrade which adds about $10 a year. Battery was dead on my Jetta, they came out and it tested bad. They said I needed a new battery. I said no problem, my membership includes a new one at no charge. They said nope, we don't do that here down here. You would have to pay $180. Called my home AAA and was told to buy any battery up to $125 and they will reimburse me. So I said no thanks to the $180 battery and got one at Walmart for $120.

I had no idea their was different divisions of AAA I thought it was all the same company with the same policies.
Not really a company:

The American Automobile Association (AAA – pronounced "Triple A") is a federation of motor clubs throughout North America. AAA is a privately held not-for-profit national member association and service organization with over 60 million members[2] in the United States and Canada.[3] AAA provides services to its members, including roadside assistance and others. Its national headquarters are in Heathrow, Florida.

Just a heads up, but I have the AAA Premier membership from AAA Mid-Atlantic with the free battery upgrade which adds about $10 a year. Battery was dead on my Jetta, they came out and it tested bad. They said I needed a new battery. I said no problem, my membership includes a new one at no charge. They said nope, we don't do that here down here. You would have to pay $180. Called my home AAA and was told to buy any battery up to $125 and they will reimburse me. So I said no thanks to the $180 battery and got one at Walmart for $120.
You never said where "down here" is relative to your home AAA is.

Back