A wrinkle in tint....

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the SECOND wrinkle in the front window tint...the other time, last month, happened to the passenger side window 11 months after installation....

This week, on the driver's side in the same place....at the corner...anyone experience this...? any ideas?

ppda.jpg

I've had tints on my '02 Camry for 5 yrs. now without any problem so I xoubt its a wi dow/mechanism problem. Probably poor material or installation. (Same generation Camry)

Last edited:
looks like it hasn't completed drying....do I see water bubbles in that tint? If it was smooth before and then just started now...then something mechanical is catching it and pulling it away from the window, then it rains, and water gets in that crease and works its way down. If you paid some place to do it, take it back. Could be film failure because by 11 months, you should be OK. You might be able to pull that bottom piece from the corner back enough to the wrinkle and then lay it down again while squeezing the water out.

Who installed it? If it was installed by someone else other than yourself take it back and have it re-done.

A good tint shop usually applies felt on the guides to ensure it doesn't get scratched or torn when the windows are rolled up and down. Ask them if they did this.

if your tint shop guarantees their work, then take it back. if they don't, then you should have gone somewhere else. If you did the work, it probably wasn't seated right in the beginning or low quality material.

Pro-installed and replaced for free (yes, I have the lifetime warranty)....the installer came recommended by my indie mechanic....and he's a nice guy...
I've given him a few other jobs (neighbors like the Kitacamry with the tint a lot), so he "owes" me and needs to save his rep...it had been a year with no problem...

....I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...btw...it's 20% tint shade...don't know if that makes a difference...

Thanks for the replies and ideas....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
A good tint shop usually applies felt on the guides to ensure it doesn't get scratched or torn when the windows are rolled up and down. Ask them if they did this.

This is only necessary on certain applications.

I have not had any scratches on my Prius after 2+ years on Huper Optik Ceramic film.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Originally Posted By: thr_wedge
what brand tint?

ASWF....American Standard Window Film

I am not familiar with that brand. May be a defective film? Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back