A 'SM' M1 / LC praise

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
Ive been maintaining my GF's 94 integra for as long as weve been seeing one another (2+ years). I typically ran GTX in it, and it produced some excellent results.

Seeing how it revs at startup in the winter, and given the fact that she will be using it a lot more now as she goes on rotations, I decided to put M1 5w-30 in it. That oil runs excellent in my mother's 97 plymouth breeze (2.0L), and the 10w-30 gives EXCELLENT results in my father's 94 toyota previa.

I did the change some time back, and have been using LC as well. I put some in today before taking her car to commute to work today (she stores it at my apartment because she lives in center city Phila.). I was suprosed how well the M1 makes the car run. Not really in terms of power, noise, etc., but at hot idle, the car sounds and feels much smoother. it was never in disrepair or had issues, but it used to vibrate a little more, and the change has noticably reduced it!

I think M1 is an excellent choice for integra engines in typical use. This ought to correlate then to civic and CR-V engines as well.

JMH

High wear metals in UOA, my friend.

With M1 in the honda engines???? We shall see...

I dont like M1 in GM truck engines for this reason. At least not in the 4.3L v6.

For newer design car engines, it seems to be excellent. Youre saying I wont see it?

~13ppm Fe in 13k miles in the previa is pretty darn good. ~20ppm fe in 5k mi in the breeze, given its driving profile is excellent. Pb and Cu were very low in both. This tells me that M1 is good stuff for most engines.

Ive been happy in all situations, we shall see how it does. Id like to see any data you have to prove your point.

Thanks!

JMH

I forgot also to add that, though I am definitely NOT a believer in instantaneous change of an engine after using an additive, or anything like that. However, I did notice a difference in idle vibration after 40 miles on the highway, after adding the maintenance dose of LC. I'm positive that it has to do with ambient temperature, maybe some internal cleaning over the last 1000 mi, etc., etc., but it was noticable.

I'm happy... We take antioxidants for ourselves, why not take them for our engines?

JMH

I cannot speak for American cars or Euro/German makes, but for Honda, Toyota and Nissan - Mobil 1 is top notch.

Ive been maintaining my GF's 94 integra for as long as weve been seeing one another (2+ years). I typically ran GTX in it, and it produced some excellent results.

Seeing how it revs at startup in the winter, and given the fact that she will be using it a lot more now as she goes on rotations, I decided to put M1 5w-30 in it. That oil runs excellent in my mother's 97 plymouth breeze (2.0L), and the 10w-30 gives EXCELLENT results in my father's 94 toyota previa.

I did the change some time back, and have been using LC as well. I put some in today before taking her car to commute to work today (she stores it at my apartment because she lives in center city Phila.). I was suprosed how well the M1 makes the car run. Not really in terms of power, noise, etc., but at hot idle, the car sounds and feels much smoother. it was never in disrepair or had issues, but it used to vibrate a little more, and the change has noticably reduced it!

I think M1 is an excellent choice for integra engines in typical use. This ought to correlate then to civic and CR-V engines as well.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back