quote:My Schaeffer rep called his tech about this same question regarding the 703. The chemist stated that the base is about 80% group II+ with the remaining 20% PAO.
Originally posted by Ken2: I don't think any multi-grade motor oil these days uses Group I base oil. Schaeffer #703 10W-30 synthetic blend oil doesn't state the base oil, but #306 non-syn 10W-30 does state that it is Group II+. Ken