A REAL oil stash!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! My oil stash is just as impressive and hasn't cost me anything yet, I let Wal-Mart store it for me. Seriously, that's a lot of oil.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
Wow! My oil stash is just as impressive and hasn't cost me anything yet, I let Wal-Mart store it for me. Seriously, that's a lot of oil.

You don't have a stash.
You have access to a stash that you get to pay full price for when you need to use it.

Those with a stash tend to buy on sale/clearance/rebate, and many service multiple vehicles (not just 2) several times a year.

With your 2 vehicles, you use what, 22 qts a year?
With the 5 in my sig plus 3 other family members, I use at least 45 qts a year.
Sounds like the OP uses much more than that.

Plus when you do stupid stuff like add 6 qts of oil to the engine and then realize you forgot to put the drain plug back in you have oil on the shelf to "fix" your screw-up.
Not that I have ever done that.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted by blupupher

You don't have a stash.
You have access to a stash that you get to pay full price for when you need to use it.

Those with a stash tend to buy on sale/clearance/rebate, and many service multiple vehicles (not just 2) several times a year.

Plus when you do stupid stuff like add 6 qts of oil to the engine and then realize you forgot to put the drain plug back in you have oil on the shelf to "fix" your screw-up.
whistle.gif

Who is the member that got the drums of lightly used Castrol?

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Who is the member that got the drums of lightly used Castrol?

I don't remember who that was, but do remember the pic of the big jugs of it he had in the back of his truck.

You don't have a stash.

whistle.gif

Well I do a more than the 2 in my signature and I use more than ~22 quarts. Using rebates and having what I need on hand works for me and I bet I save just as much in the end. I'm not knocking the stash, I'm just blown away at the massive amount of oil. The stash at Wal-Mart was nothing more than a light hearted attempt at humor. I wouldn't have room to actually judge the oil hoarding as I'm a tool hoarder.

You don't have a stash.

whistle.gif

No I have access to a stash at full price that someone else pays to keep in inventory while I use my money for other things. Time value of money.

I don't keep as much on hand, now that my son has moved out. When i had 5 cars to keep up , you bet i had a stash. I keep maybe 4 jugs on hand now.

Originally Posted by JoelB
I will never understand having that much oil.

+1. He probably will end up stuck with a lot of that product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back