A question about Starter Relay Switch in Amps

I have a bad 4 pin for Starter Relay switch which is 70 amps. The one available at the store is a Hella Relay with 40 amps which has the same 4 pins. Does the difference in Amps really matter or do I have to buy the same identical 70 Amps as the old one?
Thanks

Found the culprit on a no start issue on my Jaguar and swapped another relay switch of the same 4 pins from another device in the fuse box. Now the car is running but the one that I pulled out has no relay. I am trying to buy another one. Thank you

Does the other system use less than 40 amps? If so you could buy a 40 amp relay and install it to replace the one you swapped over to the starter.

I'd replace the relay in its original location and then get the correct amperage to go in the starter relay spot.

Wow, I'm so glad I asked. I was about to buy the Hella Relay 40 Amp.

I've searched all 4 fuse boxes in the car and I pulled out the Relay for the Heat Defroster at the Trunk/Cargo compartment which has the same 70 Amps. It's all working good except for Heat Defroster, for now. Thanks for all the replies. I do appreciate all the help :D :D:D

I just bought relay this on eBay. It's a Ford relay switch which is 70 Amps also.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113729821728?hash=item1a7ad35c20:g:LFUAAOSwa9Bhgj3N&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4Jl+4jJ0wpXlOPbM3Z+ysxIfGTI9VbU6fg0KAUTTUnCRhuPrZlyPm4MQjWL23+CpozLkNLg7J4Aec8Ht4fsNoqvVMoIAHqG6DvSyII0rglTMXquYceHd0OHM3jscdVZ/zbtdUHeoewRBmzKnxkM9DaGNjcR3nXB3QnIO9X00SDJgOjEG0Dm7BJ+IZLgE+hSxIV9yQ7xEqyoOO5jmn/wvgnC3tQIEkQl8VYQCjXu/C0J2X1iE8wUTTexSDyOEHoJvjuvoYvRFYpe7hcztM8Pxt63qNOzjr8Kwq9PQ+FWlhMri|tkp:Bk9SR4rQ9-nYYA

I have a bad 4 pin for Starter Relay switch which is 70 amps. The one available at the store is a Hella Relay with 40 amps which has the same 4 pins. Does the difference in Amps really matter or do I have to buy the same identical 70 Amps as the old one?
Thanks
I expect all this relay does is switch the current drawn by the starter solenoid windings which will be no more than 5 amps. Seems to me a 40 amp relay will be more than adequate.

Back