A Poem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone at work wrote this after overhearing me talking about liking the smell of gasoline, household goop, and other miscellaneous products. the context was my work as a gas station pump jockey and washing printing plates with Xylol in the 1970s. Just thought I'd share it.
==========================================================

Sniffing Solvents All Day Long

Time was
When?

You could just

Have fun

Now your Mom

Wants you

Out

Of her

Basement.

B**ch!

Huh?

What were we

Talking about?

Huh?

Time.

Yeah.

That is stellar! You should go in poetry reading competition.

Funny thing is, the only person I've known that sniffed solvents in their past was a guy in engineering in university, he did some in highschool when they couldn't get alcohol or pot.
I guess it didn't effect him too much?

My father worked at a chemical plant. The MEK was everywhere in buckets so you could wash off the adhesives that they made/used there. Gloves? PPE? What? It was almost as good as hanging your head out the window when the gas tank door was on your side of the car.

Those were the good old days eh! My Dad also worked at a plant where they made transformers filled with pcb's... He remembers guys using it as hand cleaner as well...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Those were the good old days eh! My Dad also worked at a plant where they made transformers filled with pcb's... He remembers guys using it as hand cleaner as well...

Luckily his memory wasn't affected!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
It was almost as good as hanging your head out the window when the gas tank door was on your side of the car.
I used to do that all the time.
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back