A pizza topping that divides the world

Nothing wrong with ham and bacon!

Pineapple?

I love pineapple and yogurt, oh and grilled a bit caramelized pineapple is simply delicious. Pineapple upsidedown cake? The bomb!

But on pizza it's simply disgusting and I will tell you why:

Tomato and Pineapple are the largest two acid food clashes in the world. If someone tells me they taste good together, then I simply know this person has no refined taste at all. Worse than some kids even. The flavor and acid profiles just don't pair. At all. Throw some cheese into this aborted vomit pile, oh yeah that's gonna taste good.

Now maybe, some good thin ham, a little olive oil base and grilled pineapple and NOTHING else, probably OK.
Nobody forces you to put tomato sauce on a pizza. In fact, I despise pizza that has too much sauce on it. I usually eat pizza that has no to very little tomato sauce on it. I have no problem with the piña on my pizza! And thgen there's the excessive cheese problem. I love cheese but on a pizza it should be used sparingly. Gooey and soggy pizza is terrible.

Here's a dish I ate on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean a decade ago. I kinda liked it and sometimes make it in the summer as a light snack. Toast with ham, a slice of pineapple, topped with cheese, Grilled, then garnished with a cherry. The pineapple and cherry have to be fresh.

Reactions: GON
Nobody forces you to put tomato sauce on a pizza. In fact, I despise pizza that has too much sauce on it. I usually eat pizza that has no to very little tomato sauce on it. I have no problem with the piña on my pizza! And thgen there's the excessive cheese problem. I love cheese but on a pizza it should be used sparingly. Gooey and soggy pizza is terrible.
Understand. I was referring mainly to how I have seen it chainy pizza jornts.

It’s the best. In the Philippines as well as many parts of Asia it’s the number one choice.

I have also enjoyed a Aloha burger. A hamburger with a slice of pineapple 🍍
The PI is where I learned to add pineapple chunks to chili. People who have my chili for the first time initially balk at adding it but no one who‘s tried it hasn’t liked it.

Pineapple-fried-rice.jpg

Never tried using a plank before.
Oh baby it was so good. Fresh salmon. So tasty perfect in and out. The pineapple cooked fast amazingly. Sealed in a concentrated pineapple juice punch. Great combo. I thought the two small sweet Carmen peppers would hardly cook but they were done first.

Fresh sliced tomato, roasted beets, and air fried new taters from the garden.
20220821_173923_HDR.jpg

Here's a dish I ate on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean a decade ago. I kinda liked it and sometimes make it in the summer as a light snack. Toast with ham, a slice of pineapple, topped with cheese, Grilled, then garnished with a cherry. The pineapple and cherry have to be fresh.

That would be great on one of those George Foreman grills.

I have had grilled pineapple over charcoal. The key is big cut spears on a shish kebab stick or bamboo. That is really good.

Back