A Pickup Truck Driver Stops To Unplug a Random Tesla, Car's Owner Was Napping Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he was trying to steal the adapter thing (expensive?) or just to unplug the car to be an a$$

I thought Tesla had a feature that prevented this?
If the driver was in the car, the charger can be unplugged due to the bluetooth connection.

From Tesla:
"To prevent unauthorized unplugging of the charge cable, the charge cable latch remains locked and Model 3 must be unlocked or able to recognize your authenticated phone before you can disconnect the charge cable."

The car locks automatically locks if you walk away. Pretty quickly... Unless you leave your cellphone in the car. Don't ask me how I know...

Last edited:
Dieselbro is upset he didn't get a $7k tax credit*on his car.

*Automakers are pushing the USG to raise the production cap on the subsidy.

You can' t tell anything from that video and Reddit is full of trash as well. There are a lot of assumptions made about a story about nothing other than someone unplugging a car?

Wow, it was a lowlife thing to do, but not quite like he slashed the tires or lit it on fire or anything... I've had my tires slashed and a friend had his classic car burn to the ground under suspicious circumstances (neither was an EV). Having to plug your car back in, does not seem like a big deal to me in the grand scheme of things, unless he was on a schedule and had to be somewhere soon or else suffer some problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back