A pair of El Camini

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
1980ish? The blue one is a recent resto, what I'd call a garage redo. Wavy sides, paint needs color sanded, gaps a little off, great don't stress about it around town driver. The red one has patina all over, maybe being redone, maybe being driven as is. I had a '69 with Cragars the same color as the blue one. Looked cool, worthless as a car or truck and it was full of bondo.

20230228_130635.jpg

These were interesting machines of the day. I remember ford doing something similar too but didn't quite get the following these el camino's did. These are great examples of not being destroyed by road salt.

These were interesting machines of the day. I remember ford doing something similar too but didn't quite get the following these el camino's did. These are great examples of not being destroyed by road salt.
The Ranchero. Never understood the appeal* of either. But it’s always nice to see older cars being restored and enjoyed.

*Adam Kay sings a song about a Ranchero on one of Car Talk’s car songs collections. Well worth a listen.

The Ranchero. Never understood the appeal* of either. But it’s always nice to see older cars being restored and enjoyed.

*Adam Kay sings a song about a Ranchero on one of Car Talk’s car songs collections. Well worth a listen.
You are correct. It is great to keep "old Iron" alive by restoring & sharing its history regardless of the "looks or appeal" for sure. I think i've heard that song before at least once.

Back