A misunderstanding

This is actually not a joke but what happened when I was in the backyard at my place in the city.
I didn't know I had a new neighbor. I was in the backyard trimming my sage bush when this crazy crow started making gurgling sounds, croaking noises and finally shrill screaming yelps. I yelled "Shut up!" repeatedly which really got him going. A lady I did not know stuck her head over the fence and asked me "What did you say?" So I quoted myself and said "Shut up!" That seemed to upset her and she left huffing and puffing, slammed her door. I don't blame her for not understanding what I was yelling at the noisy bird. I think I better get a housewarming gift for my new neighbor. We got off on the wrong crow's foot.

Last edited:
That's the problem today. Instead of ignoring such a comment, everyone now seems to get combatant.
However, yelling at a crow and expecting results should be a concern.

I wouldn't worry about a gift, she seems unworthy of it.

Last edited:
Next time you see her gently explain that you were irritated by the sound of the murder (name for a flock of crows) and meant no offense. Also add that the noisy murder is common in your area. She might just move away to a quieter neighborhood.

crows.jpg

Kinda reminds me of when bluetooth ear pieces first came out for smartphones and using the public bathroom...