A Lubricant Formulated with Alkylated Naphthalene as the primary base stock.

From 2016

"Recently, three of our colleagues from ExxonMobil Research and Engineering - Angela Galiano-Roth, Jim Carey, and Gary Dudley - were honored with a Thomas Edison patent award for their work in developing a lubricant formulated with alkylated naphthalene as the primary base stock.
When used in combination with a fully optimized additive system, the alkylated naphthalene base stock can help provide up to three times extended oil life in actual operating equipment when compared to previously known synthetic technology."

I'm pretty sure AN's were one of the 3 fluids that made up Mobil's Tri-synthetic Formula back in the SJ and SL era....so I don't think they are new.

They are certainly not new, either is the article. I didn't know though you could make a fluid primarily from AN's.

AN seems like an amazing lubricant, just that it's expensive and probably overkill for 90%+ of what BITOG members would use it for.

Give me a 5W30 made with some PurePlus and Synesstic 12, no other VII, and no shortage of ZDDP and detergents since I don't have GDI, and I'd be one happy camper
smile.gif

ExxonMobil AN Info

Edit: Holy Cow! Look at this deal... $30AUD for 5L:Nulon NR5W30 5L

Originally Posted by Tom NJ
Just so no one is confused, this patent (U.S. 8,716,201) is for an air compressor lubricant.

Yes, a rather important distinction!
cool.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
AN seems like an amazing lubricant, just that it's expensive and probably overkill for 90%+ of what BITOG members would use it for.

Give me a 5W30 made with some PurePlus and Synesstic 12, no other VII, and no shortage of ZDDP and detergents since I don't have GDI, and I'd be one happy camper
smile.gif

ExxonMobil AN Info

Edit: Holy Cow! Look at this deal... $30AUD for 5L:Nulon NR5W30 5L

Yep i got that deal in the 5W-50 I actually got 7 liters for $40. I posted the Nulon Racing 5W-40 VOA in the VOA forum as well.

Back