A lower-cost shave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep toying with the idea of a depilatory of some kind. I HATE SHAVING!
thumbsup2.gif

John

had some not so good experience in the past with double edge razors (mostly because of prep technique)

sensitive skin . need to shave 2-3 times a week.

used sensitive shave foam (Gillette and many other brands), now using with success some no-name brand found on clearance at warlgreens.
for me it seems to be: get some water, give time to foam to act, use a sharp blade/blades at right angle.
some how I get rush after using after shaves, so cold water after seems to work best.

for blades Used a lot of disposable (what's on sale), mach3 (but too expensive now), and I will give it a try to schick disposables soon.

Originally Posted By: John_K
I keep toying with the idea of a depilatory of some kind. I HATE SHAVING!
thumbsup2.gif

John

how quick can you say "in-growth hair"

you can always go ZZ-top way....

I switched to a double-edge, safety razor about 3 or 4 years ago.

I found it was necessary to re-learn how to shave -- My dad kind of taught me when I was a kid and I developed a lot of bad habits when I was in the Army.

You really can't beat spending < 10 cents a blade. I've found that shaving soap (or pretty much, any type of of soap) works dramatically better than the canned stuff.

I generally use a Merkur razor (model 180)and Derby Extra blades. In terms of soap, I tend to use something different every time -- I have a bunch of glass tupperware containers that I melt the pucks into.

I never liked double edge shavers. Always seemed too bulky. For the past few years I've just been buying the Bic disposible razors. Maybe one of these days I'll go back and try a single blade safety razor, but probably not very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back