a little something good to start your day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good story indeed. A national network wanted to interview the teenager yesterday afternoon, she politely postponed the interview stating she had to complete her shift at Walmart first.

Good for Abby. I has been several decades since I retested for CPR recertification but I believe I could do it if needed. One never knows. Abby gave that infant all of its tomorrows. I hope Walmart rewards her for her effort.

It's a good thing she was not afraid to help, worried about legal problems that might arise from trying to help.

We can thank the media for taking the unusual risk of publicizing a story that did not involve violence, death, racial problems, global warming or politics.

When something like this happens, follow your gut instinct.

An older lady fell, hit her head and had a seizure at work. Coworkers were literally standing in fear and one yelled for someone to call a manager. I whipped out my cell phone and said was going to call 911 and was told to stop because they had already been called. I called anyways.. While I was talking on the phone, 2 other people yelled at me across the room saying 911 had been called. I told the lady on the other end what was going on and she said she had nothing for my location and sent an ambulance.

Follow your gut instinct.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It's a good thing she was not afraid to help, worried about legal problems that might arise from trying to help.

Is there not "good Samaritan" legislation down there? Up here, if you are trying to help someone, you can't be sued for it if you were acting reasonably to do it.
In Quebec I think you can actually be charged for not taking reasonable measures to help someone, within your ability atleast.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Is there not "good Samaritan" legislation down there? Up here, if you are trying to help someone, you can't be sued for it if you were acting reasonably to do it.
In Quebec I think you can actually be charged for not taking reasonable measures to help someone, within your ability atleast.

I had a first aid / CPR course through work a few years ago. As I recall we have "good Samaritan" laws. The other items I recall were getting consent (if possible). I believe she said she had CPR training and got consent. The other item is that once you begin rescue breathing you must continue (you're committed) until professional help arrives and relieves you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back