A little something for Johnny and other Pennzoil fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was doing a Google search for a pic of the old Pennzoil synthetic bottles, I ran across an old postcard watercolor of the old Pennzoil refinery in Rouseville, PA. I added a couple of little things in Photoshop to give a "now and then" theme. Here it is for anyone who wants to use it for a desktop image:  -

Cool picture. I drove through Rouseville last year while on a camping trip to Titusville, Pa. Much of the refinery is being torn down. The company that bought it is just making parrafin wax there now. I think the old Quaker State refinery in Emelenton is just about gone too. I think the only active refinery is United Refining in Warren, PA. I think the Witco (Kendall) refinery in Bradford is history too.

G-MAN

quote:
Originally posted by Pick: Cool picture. I drove through Rouseville last year while on a camping trip to Titusville, Pa. Much of the refinery is being torn down. The company that bought it is just making parrafin wax there now. I think the old Quaker State refinery in Emelenton is just about gone too. I think the only active refinery is United Refining in Warren, PA. I think the Witco (Kendall) refinery in Bradford is history too.
Actually, the old Kendall refinery in Bradford is still going full-steam under its new owners. They produce a line of oils called BradPenn and they also produce the Gulf branded oils (I think).

G-Man II THANKS!!!!!!!!!! I have added this to my desk top and emailed it to as many old Pennzoil employees as I could, both employeed and retired. I'm sure they will like it also. [Cheers!]

I'm really in to that kind of stuff also. That's a grate picture. Is there any oil coming out of Pennsylvania anymore? There's always a certain feeling you get when your using a product that has a colourful background. It's a shame to hear that all those kind of plants are disappearing. Pennzoil seems to have a real strong history presents. Is there a sense off that was all lost once Shell took over the company?

G-MAN

quote:
Originally posted by Francis: I'm really in to that kind of stuff also. That's a grate picture. Is there any oil coming out of Pennsylvania anymore? There's always a certain feeling you get when your using a product that has a colourful background. It's a shame to hear that all those kind of plants are disappearing. Pennzoil seems to have a real strong history presents. Is there a sense off that was all lost once Shell took over the company?
I don't think the average person is even aware that Shell now owns Pennzoil. And to Shell's credit, they appear to be letting Pennzoil still be Pennzoil.

I must have driven by that place 300-500 times when I was living in Warren, PA and making frequent trips to Pittsburgh in 1995-2001. It is sad these days, as most of it is gone. In 1995, you could still drive by the open loading dock doors on Rt. 8 and see pallets of yellow bottle stacked to the ceiling.

G-MAN

quote:
Originally posted by nascarnation: Are Shell, PZ, and QS now same formulation in different packages?
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.