A little off topic but still about Mobil 1 oil!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy of mine that owns a mobile(not the oil, drives to customers to change their oil) oil change company told me that you can cook your food with Mobil 1 oil if you want to! He swears this is true. I'm not sure if I believe him as he kind of pulls my chain some times! Is this true?
shocked.gif
grin.gif
confused.gif

confused.gif

h-m-m-m-m
Recently I saw one of the disadvantages of synthetic oil listed as being hazardous for skin contact. I assumed for asbsorption of the synthetic chemical constituents. I hadn't seen this warning before, but I didn't read any MSDS.
I'm not too worried about contacting it in the normal course of car maintenance. But I wouldn't cook with it, no.

Don't Ferraris come with olive oil as factory fill? Now, that may be a different story.

[ April 15, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: dkcase ]

Who ever said that was probably only joking.
tongue.gif

[ April 15, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

This guy is pretty smart about oil and is a really nice guy so I think he is trying to pull a fast one on me! I should make some donuts and tell him I made them with Mobil 1 5w30 and eat one and then offer him one and wait for the look on his face!!!!
grin.gif

I would not cook with or taste ANY oil that is formulated with additives. The additives can be harmful if taken internally. Must have been a joke, for sure!

Now PAO and esters by themselves are harmless. Lipstick and a host of other personal care products are made of these oils and have been tested for toxicity. Plus, they are much more biodegradable than any Group I, II, III oil.

Just think about this for a moment: The next time you kiss your girl you will be tasting flavored and colored PAO's and esters.
rolleyes.gif

[ April 15, 2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

You maybe can get a virgin in a Ferrari, but not extra virgin in the crank case .....batta bang botta bing

No I highly doubt a $100,000 V12 engine will have cooking oil in the crankcase - so that was not a good crack against us Italians.

As for cooking in Mobil1 - well Mo in the diet won't hurt, but you may sh!t like a goose for a week....please no ingestion of motor oil.

[ April 15, 2003, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

My cars get nothing but pure 0W-1 Wesson. My axles....Crisco, of course!!

If you drive behind me, it smeels like a McDonald's!!
crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
A buddy of mine that owns a mobile(not the oil, drives to customers to change their oil) oil change company told me that you can cook your food with Mobil 1 oil if you want to! He swears this is true. I'm not sure if I believe him as he kind of pulls my chain some times! Is this true?
shocked.gif
grin.gif
confused.gif

Methinks your friend was smoking too much of the chronic one night when he saw the Mobil 1 frying pan commercial.

I think you may cease to exist if you happen to use Mobil 1 as a food product, even though I hear ZMax is just cooking oil.

Your friend was fooling with you, although if your interested I have this bridge on the east coast for sale, I can sell it to you at a real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back