A letter that I never sent to Al Amatuzio

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Boeing buys with their own specs. Not from Amsoil.

Some light manufacturing. But not much hydraulic, etc fluids used.

I realize I'm not salesperson and not dedicated to hang at a store for a day or three. Way outside my comfort zone.

Some places I went to had gone through 3 dealers, and at one time had hope...the odds of me being #4 were slim.

I agree it's very frustrating. But then again, so would selling cars, copiers, industrial equipment office furniture etc...

I'd agree with Mike on this one ....If I've made minimum wage for the hundreds of hours I've spent on Bobs site, I'd be surprised. I continue to post because I enjoy the discussion, but I'll probably give another dealer a chance after my sponsership runs out in a few months ....

You are much better off working the local businesses, particularly the Quick Lubes and new car Dealerships, if you intend to make serious money in this business ....

Tooslick

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

Your margin is based on suggested retail. Problem is, no one pays that here. Period. The well was poisoned so to speak.

If they bought product, why don't they sell it? My first step would be to register them as an account, then I would tell them that I would get rid of their product and pay the the entire retail price. I would basically get them some literature, then show up one day and talk to every customer that comes in about the benifits, then get them to buy that product at the retail price. ....

If it were my store I sure as **** wouldn't want some Amsoil salesman butten holeing my customers and annoying them.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
I dream of paying A$7 per quart for oil. It's all relative isn't it?

Move to the USA!!

EDIT: I always dreamed of getting my a$$ kicked by a kangaroo!
smile.gif

[ February 11, 2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Last_Z ]

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
If it were my store I sure as **** wouldn't want some Amsoil salesman butten holeing my customers and annoying them. [/QB]

What?? I've been to several places where I set up and answered questions, handed out literature and gave advice.

One was a big Off road shop in El Paso, another was a quick lube where I had a raffle, gave product away and stickers to kids. They increase their sales and the customers were happy.

Why would you be in business selling a product if you didn't want the distributor of the product to come in to promote that product??? I hope you don't run a store now?

[ February 11, 2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: msparks ]

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
If it were my store I sure as **** wouldn't want some Amsoil salesman butten holeing my customers and annoying them. [/QB]

quote:

Why would you be in business selling a product if you didn't want the distributor of the product to come in to promote that product??? I hope you don't run a store now?
I wouldn't be sellng a product that has as many poor distributors distibuting it as Amsoil's does.

[ February 11, 2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: XS650 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back