A Honda City is a Fit with a trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or something else?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It is something like that. It's on the same platform as the Fit. These cars are very popular in SE Asia, Australia and Japan. I saw and rode in tons of them while I was over there. They are popular with taxi fleets and the newer Uber-Lyft and local ride share services.

Don't know why they'd bother. Trunked version of the Mirage didn't work great for Mitsu.

Sedans just aren't working great in NA these days. Hatchback is much more practical.

It's a Fit sedan. Honda has a new "global" platform out, but the Fit/Jazz platform was something they did a good job on.

Originally Posted by addyguy
Don't know why they'd bother. Trunked version of the Mirage didn't work great for Mitsu.

Sedans just aren't working great in NA these days. Hatchback is much more practical.

North America is not the only automobile market. These are very popular elsewhere in the world.

Last edited:
Is Honda bringing this to the US? Just checked their website and did not see it there, but those look like US plates and a lot of US centric cars in the background (S10, Impala, etc.).

As for the comparison to the Mirage - yeah no. The Mirage is a dumpster fire compared to a sedan version of the Fit.

Originally Posted by pezzy669
Is Honda bringing this to the US? Just checked their website and did not see it there, but those look like US plates and a lot of US centric cars in the background (S10, Impala, etc.).

As for the comparison to the Mirage - yeah no. The Mirage is a dumpster fire compared to a sedan version of the Fit.

The car was in the US, but it had Mexican plates.

I doubt it's coming to the US. The sedan market is so weak now and subcompact sedans are not big sellers.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I doubt it's coming to the US. The sedan market is so weak now and subcompact sedans are not big sellers.

Which is entirely unfortunate - less and less choice as time goes on. Count me as one who has no desire for a CUV.

You can maybe have a sedan that rides as bad as a FIT does.

Honda only sells 4,000 FITS a year. It's a dead model.

Originally Posted by CKN

Honda sold just over 35k Fits in the USA last year.

Originally Posted by cpayne5
Originally Posted by CKN

Honda sold just over 35k Fits in the USA last year.

You are correct. I meant to say 4,000 FITS a month. Still not a big seller by any stretch. Still a dead model rolling IMHO.

Last edited:
Small sedans are still popular in a lot of countries. Chevy sells the Onix, Prisma...and even the Cavalier!

[Linked Image]

Not a bad looking little car. My mom has a 2011 Fit Sport. The 1.5L and 5 speed auto just doesn't have enough power IMO. It could be just the programming of the auto transmission for economy reasons. If the car came with the R18 1.8L and a 5 speed manual it would be a lot more fun, since it does handle pretty decent for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back