A Hole in the Wall

i would get a piece of ply wood or osb and cover that whole area . that area is gonna get beat up over time anyways

Know that Home Depot sells Drywall for doing repairs / 2' x 2' I believe.

No need to buy a 4x8 ft. sheet.
Yes if you don't need a whole sheet. The price for that panel up here is $10 and you can buy a whole 4*8 sheet for $13 and change. Of you don't have space to haul a 4*8 sheet home bring a utility knife and cut it into smaller pieces in order to get it home.

I would check your local Craiglist etc. for someone getting rid of drywall leftovers. Otherwise someone here probably has some extra pieces. I've got a bunch in my basement crawlspace, but I'm not close to you.

Yes if you don't need a whole sheet. The price for that panel up here is $10 and you can buy a whole 4*8 sheet for $13 and change. Of you don't have space to haul a 4*8 sheet home bring a utility knife and cut it into smaller pieces in order to get it home.

I would check your local Craiglist etc. for someone getting rid of drywall leftovers. Otherwise someone here probably has some extra pieces. I've got a bunch in my basement crawlspace, but I'm not close to you.
truly appreciated!

Reactions: JC1
As mentioned, get the smaller sheets available and patch it. That should be a easy job. Looks like she didn’t hit a stud or anything electrical or plumbing though you should check if that’s a possibility.

You got lucky.

As mentioned, get the smaller sheets available and patch it. That should be a easy job. Looks like she didn’t hit a stud or anything electrical or plumbing though you should check if that’s a possibility.

You got lucky.
100%

Thats a great idea, and also the OP can ask for drywall scraps on his local Facebook group. In my community, he would get lots of replies for free drywall if he asked.

Thats a great idea, and also the OP can ask for drywall scraps on his local Facebook group. In my community, he would get lots of replies for free drywall if he asked.
yes indeed; I used to work at THD and I know they always have some scrap or dents of the building material like sheet rock, plywood or cement, etc. lying around; i'll get the material there

Thank You

Fishing line from the ceiling to a red/white fishing bobber is what I use to get stopped at the right spot.
Hang it so its directly over the steering wheel, eye level for her. Something to aim for.
Bobber hits the windshield, you stop the car.
I use it on my side too.
Our parking spots where I live are the same number as our apt. When I pull into my spot I always line up the number spot next to me between my mirror and the number with the concrete. Works every time. ;)

Ok work in progress
What do think to put 2x4 in between studs for additional support?

798FCA7C-E506-4ABC-A556-562B196382D2.jpeg

Ok work in progress
What do think to put 2x4 in between studs for additional support?

View attachment 47644
If you do that then you need to remove part of the insulation and fix the fitment of It.

You could get I thinner piece of wood strapping to do the same thing. It would just compress a bit of the insulation in the wall cavity.

Just saw your progress it looks good.

If you do that then you need to remove part of the insulation and fix the fitment of It.

You could get I thinner piece of wood strapping to do the same thing. It would just compress a bit of the insulation in the wall cavity.

Just saw your progress it looks good.
yes I was thinking to use something behind but the studs on the edges are sufficient for this application Id say; I used that sheet rock compound all around, cut tightly new piece, pressed in there and used6 screws to fix it; I flushed it from the front and tomorrow one more time before send and paint it

at the moment it looked like this but I gave up on it; being a sheet rock it crumbles
IMG_2114.jpeg

it costed me $30 in parts and supplies and of course a couple trips to THD 😁

Back