A Hole in the Wall

and how to fix it effectively please

so yes my wife hit the wall with the car leaving the dent in there; I was wondering what's the efficient and quick method to fix the dent, do I need to use that mesh and what else I do need to fix it, looking like new once again

Thank You for all constructive suggestions!

IMG_2061.jpeg
IMG_2065.jpeg

Cut back to halfway into the studs on each side of the hole. Cut straight across the top and bottom. Buy a piece of the appropriate thickness of drywall and nail it to the exposed stud on each side. Tape the top and bottom as well as the sides with mesh self-adhesive drywall tape. Use the white drywall schmutz from a container to go over the tape. Let it dry, sand it and reapply/dry sand as needed. Job done. If you want to get fancy, insert a 2x4 at the top and bottom of the hole and toenail it in to the studs on the side so you will have a place to attach the top and bottom.

Another option, more "haggard" as I'll call it.

Put a piece of 1x1 in the hole behind the broken drywall, screw in drywall screws near "good" pieces of the drywall to bring the piece currently knocked in to flush or relative level. Mud it up, sand and paint.

and how to fix it effectively please

so yes my wife hit the wall with the car leaving the dent in there; I was wondering what's the efficient and quick method to fix the dent, do I need to use that mesh and what else I do need to fix it, looking like new once again

Thank You for all constructive suggestions!

View attachment 47475View attachment 47476
That looks like a tire track! How in the world did she drive upon the wall? 😁

Cut back to halfway into the studs on each side of the hole. Cut straight across the top and bottom. Buy a piece of the appropriate thickness of drywall and nail it to the exposed stud on each side. Tape the top and bottom as well as the sides with mesh self-adhesive drywall tape. Use the white drywall schmutz from a container to go over the tape. Let it dry, sand it and reapply/dry sand as needed. Job done. If you want to get fancy, insert a 2x4 at the top and bottom of the hole and toenail it in to the studs on the side so you will have a place to attach the top and bottom.
WOW professionally!

Another option, more "haggard" as I'll call it.

Put a piece of 1x1 in the hole behind the broken drywall, screw in drywall screws near "good" pieces of the drywall to bring the piece currently knocked in to flush or relative level. Mud it up, sand and paint.
Superb!

😂you guys are comical😂😂

I had a set of tires lying on the floor, and one day she pull to close; boom! also, my wife drives because there is no other way around 😁 moving around

THANKS Y'All for replies!
Fishing line from the ceiling to a red/white fishing bobber is what I use to get stopped at the right spot.
Hang it so its directly over the steering wheel, eye level for her. Something to aim for.
Bobber hits the windshield, you stop the car.
I use it on my side too.

Back