A good synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Anyone tried these synthetics?

synergyn
Supposedly a bllend of grp IV and V according to an earlier thread from last year.

PLEASE READ Forum Rules

[ June 28, 2003, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

You can post what you like as long as you are not selling, unless your product supports the site . It would be cool to have a Dyson Oil or Synergyn dealer support this site !

welcome.gif

Use mostly Synergyn 0w20 in my cars, although I do experiment/change from time to time.mostly Mobil 1 and Redline.

Son just traded out for 0w-30 Castrol German in his Focus dohc Zetec (5w20 recommended). Difference in butt dyno and revving (slower), also lost 2 mpg compared to Synergyn....but it is a 30 W so I guess that is to be expected. We have over 100 degree weather now and peeking into engine, Castrol green seems to be holding up well as still seen coating on all parts even after cool down after hot weather running. Oil color seemingly unchanged after nearly 3,000 miles.

quote:

Originally posted by lght1:
Hi

This is so restrictive as to be almost useless.

Not really. Think for a moment. You ask a question about a product and then post the sales page on that product. Why? The people who can answer your question does not need to see the sales page now do they? They presumably already know what you're talking about so why show the sales page on the product? So, how is that restrictive?

Had you posted technical data on that product, then you'd be with in the guidelines of this forum, discussing technical aspects and not sales claims. To post a direct link to their sales page doesn't do anything for anyone on here but expose people who know nothing about that oil to sales propaganda which we do not want to endorse for free as Terry explained.

Now, does that seem so hard to understand that your link really was of no use to start with or would it have made any difference in the replies you had gotten?

offtopic.gif

But I have tried to put a link up before and it had nothing to do with a sales pitch and it was squashed also so don't feel bad.
dunno.gif

Yeah, Even though I don't pay for this site. I think weather a site is good or bad, real or fake proven or unproven, that is the whole idea of a site like this. So we can see and discuss other products that may perform well. We all know now that Auto RX and Schaffers oil is "Good" stuff, what about other products? hmmmm.. don't know.

I say, let her rip.... lets see and debate these products. or at least do some research on them.

Hi

Well Bob, the operative word in your response is the word "presumably".

I couldnt possibly know if others already were familiar with what I was asking. So the logical thing seemed to offer a link so they could familarize themselves with the product I was asking about.

lght 1, I was sponsored ( products and consult) by them in 1998 in a Pro road racing series. I raced their 3w-30 oils and 0w-75 gear lubes. In a race car designed for M1 15w-50, and Redline or GM motor oil in transaxle.

They didn't expand my sponsorship or followup much with our efforts so we kind of diverged. They were very busy with NASCAR and NHRA. Now I think they are promoting trucking and HDD oils.

There is some data here on the products do a search to glean some info. I believe a baseline of the Synergyn additive will be posted in the future.

Their philosophy of formulation was to use high end ester technology combined with the lubricity of high quality mineral oils in thin weights to make HP and lose nothing to wear.

I'm proud of Dyson Oil as we are related pre US Civil war and the products are top knotch !

Terry

I'm running the Synergyn 0w-20 racing oil in my Tacoma for the past 3000 miles. Seems to be pretty good stuff - it has hardly discolored and there has been no oil consumption.

I have 6 quarts of this oil that I need to send to "Jay" to use in his Integra. I had toyed with the idea of using it in my new Audi TT turbo, so It's still out in the garage.

TooSlick

point is, if they have to familiarize themselves with that product, then all they could offer was subjective opinions, which is fine but people who are already knowledgeable about it, wouldn't have to look. Do you know if anyone has any experience with it? of course not, but then if no one was to respond then that would be the answer that no one knows.

I'm sorry guys, discussion about the products and stuff can be discussed without hosting links to other product sales pages. Really, it seems that some people post links to other sites even when they supply all the info needed for the conversation. As for knocking off non sales page links, not sure what that was about but it's possible as many people we have that do link everytime they post.

Until someone can show me that it is necessary to post a sales page link to discuss a topic, or any other good reason why we should allow this, I've got to stand on this rule. As mentioned before, I want to ensure exclusive rights to those who do help with this site and to ensure this site doesn't get infested with all these migrated links for other companies products sales pages.

This in no way limits topics or conversations of any product, and is wide open for discussion of any other products, but leave the links out unless they are the technical data sheets on said products.

Thanks for your understanding.

I feel that the difference is whether we are "discussing", or have a question and answer forum.

A discussion requires something to get people who have never seen a particular product have at least a chance to see what's being discussed.

I personally would like to see the links that people are posting.

But rules are rules.

okay, so i guess now we all better stop posting any type of sales speak from any of the major oil company site as well like, Castrol Mobil, Shell-Pennzoil-Quaker State, Chevron, etc. They are no different from Synergen-no? And, i would like to be able to at least click alink to go and check out a product to see if its truly better than one listed here, instead of being held against it.

that said, i understand the logic here as to help increase sales for the MONEY the various vendors are spending on THIS SITE, ie. advertising! Every link to another non-vendor site is perhaps, theoretically on less for this site's paying vendors, which help keep this site alive w/out good donations.

if this site is being paid via the amount of "Clicks" or visitors that come via a portal from this site to theirs then yes, i totally understand the logic here. however, no amount of restriction is gonna get people to buy from vendors on this site who pay money to advertise simply because they're easily accessible.

again, it is the right of this website's OWNER to promulgate what the policy and rules should be on this forum. this is not a free republic; its BOB IS THE OIL GUY dot COM!!

I will abide by the rules..even though I don't agree with them...I frequant many bodybuilding sites, and not one of them disallow links..if they did, they probably would be out of buisness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back