a good alignment shop in Albany NY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just replaced two front struts on my mazda3, could any of you in Albany NY area recommend a reputable alignment shop? Thanks.

YMMV.
Really depends on the tech doing it. I do almost everything on my cars and when I go for an inspection I'll try to talk to a tech to see his experience and if I need one I'll go back to him.

Mavis did one, had to come back twice. They hire guys off the street, so it really depends. They aren't certified techs. Probably pay the same as Five Guys. Pep Boys too is the same, they will hire anyone good with cars, but they have some ASE techs.
Orange motors, left a tie rod sleeve nut loose.
Lazare is excellent, but I think they are gone.

Sears on Central isn't bad, forgot the name of the tech that did it(was like a year ago). The guy let me stay with him (sears actually don't mind) and didn't cut any corners, worked very hard to break a rusty bolt, even he said many techs wouldn't bother with that rear camber nut (was a hair in the red). The other side was also a bit off but he said unless you want to pull harder on the breaker bar in his experience there is a risk of breakage and I said to leave it. Car rides straight as an arrow, no tire wear. They also have a 6 month no questions asked warranty(you could change a tie rod, go back in that time and they will redo the alignment, I think you can pay a bit more for like 5 years of coverage), and can do a "pre-alignment" for free to see if you really need one. Tell them you are a tech and ask for an experienced tech when you go in, that helps too.

Last edited:
Goodyear does a good job. Just don't fall for the extra cost 3 year deal.

If you do not mind a short drive out near New Lebanon Valley Speedway, go to VanDeusens. Top rate and fair priced.

Always assume with any alignment that suspension problems may be found and will need to be fixed for the vehicle to be aligned properly.

Originally Posted By: rfeir
Goodyear does a good job. Just don't fall for the extra cost 3 year deal.

The one on Wolf Rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back