A GC question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, great site... anyway, I have been hearing some good things about GC, so I was wondering if GC would be right for my 04 civic, it's the 1.7L VTEC version, and it calls for 5w-20. I live in LA and it gets pretty hot here. The car has 21K miles and was on Mobil 1 since new. Thanks
smile.gif

You can use any viscosity you want. Their are some great oils in multiple viscosities. To answer your question YES, you can use GC in your Honda. In Austrailia, the Honda Civice and Accord using the 2.3L and 2.4L 4cyl run 10w-40, 5w-30 and even 15w-40. This is going off of Castrol's Lube finder on the Castrol of Austrailia website.

I used to own a Honda, and am still on Honda UK's mailing list, and this week received their quarterly magazine. In it is a article about routine maintenance at the end of which is:

“If you’re unsure about checking your oil, visit or call our local Honda dealer. They’ll be please to help, and supply you with Castrol SLX Longtec FE as and when you need it.”

Next to it is a picture of a bottle of the afore mentioned oil clearly showing 0W-30.

quote:

Originally posted by davidaxper:
Hi guys, great site... anyway, I have been hearing some good things about GC, so I was wondering if GC would be right for my 04 civic, it's the 1.7L VTEC version, and it calls for 5w-20. I live in LA and it gets pretty hot here. The car has 21K miles and was on Mobil 1 since new. Thanks
smile.gif

da,

I am a frequest traveller to LA visiting from the coast to the Inland Empire. You can use GC with gusto in the great Southland. Trust me it IS the SoCal thing to do.
cool.gif

From Oxnard to Oceanside, I wouldn't be without it!
wink.gif

Thanx for the replies,
smile.gif
I'll try the GC on my next OCI, ... another quick question, is GC PAO or Group III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back