A first at a gas station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filled up gas today at a 4 pump independent who has the best prices (and I also added Gumout with Regane).

I took the windscreen squeegee and much to my surprise as I applied it, there was lots of foamy goodness being created.

This was certainly a first for me.

My personal favorite is the a-hoXles who proceed to wash their cars with the squeegee. They deserve a backhand.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
My personal favorite is the a-hoXles who proceed to wash their cars with the squeegee. They deserve a backhand.

Yep! Especially when there are other people waiting and they proceed to check their oil after washing their car.

I've seen that once.

The most I've ever done is clean all the windows and bug splattered headlights.

It does say self service,,,there are no rules listed,,,but I do know what u r saying,,it is aggravating to say the least. I'm still tick over having to pay for air,,,hey, Im old.

Around here, finding a station that has good, clean, foamy fluid is nearly impossible. The Meijer gas stations used to keep good fluid, but I haven't seen that lately. The weirdest thing I noticed, on a recent trip to New York, is that every station I went to DID have clean fluid full of foamy goodness, but any residue that dried looked like little fibers, and stuck to the cowl
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
It does say self service,,,there are no rules listed,,,but I do know what u r saying,,it is aggravating to say the least. I'm still tick over having to pay for air,,,hey, Im old.

I don't know about where you live, but here in Kalifornia, the station has to give you free air if you buy gas. The cashier will either turn the compressor on, or give you a code so you can do it. Usually they don't check to see if you bought anything.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

I don't know about where you live, but here in Kalifornia, the station has to give you free air if you buy gas. The cashier will either turn the compressor on, or give you a code so you can do it. Usually they don't check to see if you bought anything.

Ha! Really? Here in the Peoples Republic of NY ... you have to pay to get air pretty much everywhere. That's why I now carry an air compressor.

yep here you have to pay as well. When I drove the uhaul about 1000 km up here I had to wait about 30 minutes for some stupid hippies to move there jeep so I could get fuel. They were at the pump so long it was crazy. Should of moved forward so other people could use it.

Truck stops are usually the best. Coming back from NY in the U-Haul, we tended to stop and fill up at Pilot Truck Stops, and never had a problem.

they had tons of pay stuff here, people kept slashing the hoses.

now they are going back to little free kiosk ones..

push button to set air pressure leave it on tire till it beeps.

Free.

All giant eagle "get-go" gas stations and most sheetz have them.

Cumberland Farms (regional chain) near me usually has the best gas prices and always has fresh washer fluid in the squeegee trays and even has decent squeegees. Most others do not.

I used to stop at an AmPm station for the cheap gas. It was always crowded and dirty. The trash cans were always over filled and the windshield washer solution was either gone or slimy. The part of the store that was near the bathrooms smelled like an outhouse. Now I go to the Chevron station down the street. It's always clean and never crowded and the store smells like a bakery instead of an outhouse. I pay 5 to 8 cents more a gallon for gas and it's worth every cent.

Costco doesn't have any of this stuff. I'll occasionally get a couple gallons somewhere else just so I can get air. Costco does have air (nitrogen from a generator) at their tire centers, but that's typically hundreds of feet from the gas station.

I do know of one Arco/ampm location that's surprisingly well run. Also has the lowest prices in the area outside of Costco.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
45.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I used to stop at an AmPm station for the cheap gas. It was always crowded and dirty. The trash cans were always over filled and the windshield washer solution was either gone or slimy. The part of the store that was near the bathrooms smelled like an outhouse. Now I go to the Chevron station down the street. It's always clean and never crowded and the store smells like a bakery instead of an outhouse. I pay 5 to 8 cents more a gallon for gas and it's worth every cent.

Totally worth it, and you get Techron too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back