a few consecutive PEA concentrated fuel tanks in a row?

I got a bottle of Redline SI-1 and a Gumout all in one. I know people usually recommend just running a concentrated fuel tank every 5000 miles or whatever which would be half a bottle of any of each essentially. I was thinking of doing this for testing purposes and to see if maybe I could clean even more. We all know 1 tank thats concentrated can't really do that much, ive seen the videos etc. I was thinking of doing this

Gas tank 1 - half gumout
gas tank 2 - remaining half of gum out
gas tank 3 - half of redline si-1
gas tank 4 - remaining half of redline si-1

i know this seems overkill but i feel like this many consecutive concentrated tanks out to make the fuel system as clean as possible in the terms of chemical solvents and detergents. The vehicle in question has never been cleaned for its 100,000 mile life and also didnt drive much and sat for years at sometimes

the only thing i want to confirm is to make sure I do not cause any troubles for the sensors or cats etc

Any input

thanks!

You and apollo18 think alike:

My understanding is that most cars are reasonably tolerant of PEA overdose.

If you don’t mind the expense, I’d give it the full dose(but not more) for say 3-4 tanks preferably immediately in advance of an oil change and then back down to just using TopTier gas.

What is the gallons they are supposed to treat/what's the size of your fuel tank?
I would not under-dose it. But in a lot of cases half a bottle in a smaller fuel tank is close to recommended dose.

Thank you folk's for the help! I should have used the search function as other's have spoke about this. I guess I will try and see how it goes ty

My understanding is that most cars are reasonably tolerant of PEA overdose.

If you don’t mind the expense, I’d give it the full dose(but not more) for say 3-4 tanks preferably immediately in advance of an oil change and then back down to just using TopTier gas.

Didn't they used to say that a full bottle of SI-1 was an overdose, and now they don't?

What can an overdose of PEA cleaner as you say.. do?

Didn't they used to say that a full bottle of SI-1 was an overdose, and now they don't?

What can an overdose of PEA cleaner as you say.. do?
I don't remember fully. it seems like one bottle treats 20 gallons if i am not mistaken. for my car that means about 2 tanks
they say pea is only efficient up to a specific dose, dosing more of that doesn't end up helping

so i guess if your tank is 10 gallons, then you would want to use half of a bottle and using more would be a waste of dough
because i feel like 1 bottle split over 2 tanks is better then one ultra concentrated tank

Overdosing (slightly) would not have a negative effect. Like using the bottle that treats 20 gallons for 10 gallon tank is totally fine.
What is truly optimal is not known. IE: is it a waste to run higher concentration.

I used to put two bottles of Redline SI-1 in a tank of a car I know never had any treatments etc.

The owner would always tell me "WOW it runs so smooth now."

It seems if a fuel system is healthy.. the car runs very very well.

Got a bottle of Guaranteed To Pass in there now by CRC (you can use it even if your emissions test is not coming up) and it may be doing some cleaning. A good thing to use on the regular.

Seems PEA and some others are what you want in the gas tank. Not Seafoam, although that always "feels" like it makes a difference...

I use a 2X dose for Techron or Gumout Regane concentrates every 5K miles. Never had any issue at all with the 2X doses.

I would not bother with half doses of anything. Thats a waste of money and time.

The best is to combine with PEA based cleaner discharged from induction system. The redline or gumout is good to clean injector but not cleaning much carbon in combustion chamber.

Back