A false positive in the signature file Panda....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good
shocked.gif

Affected Products,

Products
Panda Cloud Office Protection
Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced
Panda Antivirus Pro 2015
Panda Internet Security 2015
Panda Global Protection 2015
Panda Gold Protection
panda free antivirus

We inform you that today, a false positive in the signature file affecting Panda Cloud Office Protection, Retail 2015 products and Panda Free AV has caused certain files to be moved to quarantine.

This signature file has already been replaced and this situation should not recur. Nonetheless, it is very important NOT TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER until a solution is available. Panda Security is investigating this issue at this very moment and looking for a fix.

For more information, please visit: http://www.pandasecurity.com/uk/homeusers/support/card?id=100045.

Unrelated to this issue, the US office was experiencing an outage with our phone service. The issue is being resolved, but to get the most immediate response, please email your sales representative directly, or email [email protected].

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We will keep you informed at all times.

Best,

Panda Security, US

I'm using it on a Win 7 LT and nothing is showing in the Quarantined files. I rebooted today, am I safe?

The thing Panda had happen is same reason I dropped Avast.

I agree with using Avira. I use the paid 3 PC licence of Avira Pro, so far its great and light on resources.

If you want a full suite, then ESET Internet Security is the best. For a regular paid antivirus either Avira or Nod32 is my top choices.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm using it on a Win 7 LT and nothing is showing in the Quarantined files. I rebooted today, am I safe?

Yes your good things are fixed.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
If you want a full suite, then ESET Internet Security is the best. For a regular paid antivirus either Avira or Nod32 is my top choices.

I wouldn't say "best" its ok, mediocre at best, there's plenty of AV tests out there that show just that and other AV's that shine better in many categories.

Originally Posted By: daman

I wouldn't say "best" its ok, mediocre at best, there's plenty of AV tests out there that show just that and other AV's that shine better in many categories.

Which "Free" are better than Avira?...... I tried them all. Issues or slowness switched me to Avira Free. I was an ESET NOD32 subscription member for four prior years.

You need to try Avira and compare yourself. The only piece of Avira Free I omitted was the Avira Safe Search option. I prefer Google search. Plus I get my Malware/Spyware fix from places like Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot.

For free antivirus-only, there's no better than Avira right now. Next year may be someone else, but for now, it's Avira.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Yes your good things are fixed.

Thanks, nothing is Quarantined so I thought I was GTG. Nice to know for sure though.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Which "Free" are better than Avira?...... I tried them all. Issues or slowness switched me to Avira Free. I was an ESET NOD32 subscription member for four prior years.

You need to try Avira and compare yourself. The only piece of Avira Free I omitted was the Avira Safe Search option. I prefer Google search. Plus I get my Malware/Spyware fix from places like Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot.

For free antivirus-only, there's no better than Avira right now. Next year may be someone else, but for now, it's Avira.

Actually PANADA Free is a very good AV and if I wasn't using BD paid this would be my choice,one should not be worried to use it after this issue.

I saw this mess bring an entire small business down, all their PCs and their server. They are still struggling to get the server working again, inspite of Panda's 'fix' release.

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
I saw this mess bring an entire small business down, all their PCs and their server. They are still struggling to get the server working again, inspite of Panda's 'fix' release.

if they rebooted the PC's when it first happend yea any files in quarantine would have been lost. Not good

Ahh,just another reason I dont run antivirus programs anymore and haven't had any issues for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back