A couple of Toyota WS Alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the OP is thinking about using an universal product in his Prius, I wish him the best of luck. Most universal ATFs say that their product can be used in traditional stepped gear applications calling for a particular spec, but not in CVTs.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
If the OP is thinking about using an universal product in his Prius, I wish him the best of luck. Most universal ATFs say that their product can be used in traditional stepped gear applications calling for a particular spec, but not in CVTs.

Actually, as I said in the original post, I will most likely get the WS. It is so cheap, there is no reason not to. If it were over $10 a quart, I'd go with D6. If I were to try these others, it would be with analysis early and often.

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
Thanks for posting this product. It has been obvious to me since the day I drove home in our brand new 2009 RAV4 that the WS ATF wasn't going to cut it for the transaxle final drive gears. The gear whine is pretty incredible at 40-50MPH. Toyota is supposedly working on a fix, but I'm afraid it will be later rather than sooner. Their fix right now is to just replace the transmissions (rebuilt?), but continue to fill with WS.

I have a 2008 Rav4 that has no gear whine using WS fluid. Are you sure it is the fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back