A cool thread I found

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Auto-RX Experiences Thread on the Auto-Rx forum
Quote:
I thought that I would finally come and give a testimony about my experiences with Auto-Rx. Ive used it in several vehicles now and have had extremely good results. Additionally, Ive bought extra bottles on a few occasions and have lured friends and co-workers into using it with very similar results.

My first of Auto-Rx was in my 2000 Ford Focus, but honestly its been so long ago I do not remember what all came of it. I used it in that vehicle mainly as a prevenative maintenance anyway. The vehicle never showed any signs of sludge or any build up of any kind. I use oil analysis on a VERY regular basis to keep tabs on what is going on with my engines and transmissions.

The next use of Auto-RX was in my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with the L67 3.8L V6. I used it in the engine, tranny and power steering. I bought this car the week I got married and my first action once I signed the paper work was to park it in the garage and I changed the oil and put in Auto-Rx. I added the recommended dosing to the Transmission and to the power steering and that week took off on a 1300 mile one way trip for our honeymoon. I changed the oil once I reached our destination, used a conventional oil and put on a new filter then when we got back home, another 1300 miles, I changed the oil again and switched over to synthetics in the motor and transmission and flushed the power steering.

I pulled an oil sample about 7000 miles after that and that test showed the lowest Oxidation and Nitration numbers that engine has every produced since Ive had it, both were single digits. Unfortunately, not long after that my Lower Intake Gaskets started leaking and the wear numbers jumped a little along with Oxidation and Nitration due to the small amounts of coolant making its way into the engine. I finally got that fixed and the car has run flawlessly until this past February when I shredded the differential and took the car off line to rebuild the tranny and to make some upgrades to the engine.

The next vehicle after that was a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo w/135,000 miles on it. I bought this to drive until I get the Grand Prix back on the road. The Rodeo was very sluggish, seemed very weak on the motor end and got HORRIBLE gas mileage (barely 17mpg) which hurt since I was getting 30+ out of the Grand Prix.

I put Auto-Rx in the differntial, manual transmission and the engine. I drive over 70 miles a day to and from work and nearly immediately there was a noticeable difference in the way the Rodeo drove. In just a matter of days the engine pulled noticeably better and by the end of the Auto-Rx cleaning stage I was getting nearly 23 mpg. I ran a rinse cycle in the engine and drained the tranny and rear differential and switched those over to synthetics. After the cleaning cycle in the engine I switched over to synthetics, but I wish I had ran another clean cycle in it with the mileage it had and I may yet do that.

The Rodeo is now pushing 150k and is still going very strong though.

In another example, a co-worker of mine has a wife that owns a 2001 Lexus ES300. He came in one day and was talking about how the Lexus was dripping oil on his driveway. He had took it to a Lexus dealer to have them look at it and they diagnosed the issue as a leaking rear main seal and quoted him nearly $2000 to fix it. You could just see the despair in his face when he talked about it.

I convinced him to use a bottle of Auto-Rx I had and just gave it to him and told him what he needed to do. About 4 days later he came and reported that the leak had completely stopped. He continued with the clean and rinse cycles and Ive asked him from time to time about it and he tells me that it is still leak free and running great.

Im now getting ready (in fact just placed and order for more Auto-Rx) to do a clean cycle in my wifes Jeep Cherokee with 175,000 miles on it. I has a brand new tranny in it, but the engine needs a little upkeep. She barely puts 50 miles a week on the vehicle so Im concerned about how well things will turn out with it.

I also had another co-worker come to me last week and stated he had two vehicles that needed attention so I picked up two bottles for him as well.

I dont know how many bottles Ive bought since learning about Auto-Rx a few years ago, but I know I have not been disappointed in any of them. For the past three years or so, at tax return time Ive bought three or four bottles to keep around and give to friends, family or anyone I hear that talks about sludge build up or leaks. My thoughts are that if Auto-Rx cleans up the engine or stops the leak its a very cheap investment considering the alternative as some of the people Ive given this to dont exactly have the money to fork out in expensive repairs.

By the way, the co-worker with the Lexus, so impressed was he that he insisted on paying me for the bottle of Auto-Rx.

SyntheticShield

This thread mirrors my actions because anytime I buy a new or used vehicle,I immediatly use Auto-Rx.Last week,I got a used GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 and within hours I had:
The motor oil drained and a sample taken for analysis
Fresh oil installed with a bottle of Auto-Rx
Made plans to do the transmission and differentials
Filled the tank up with gas and Fuel Power

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I use Amsoil and Auto-RX, great combo. I am not a fan of additives in general..............but it is an exception.

Yep, I agree. One of the very few I make an exception for. So far I am thrilled with the results in the corolla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back