A company called Volta offers free EV charging

Will they offer bidirectional charging for the Sion? Asking for my best passive-aggressive friend.

"Our stations double as an ad platform ... "

Sounds like it's payed for by advertisement revenue. Also, from the FAQs.

Capture.JPG

Sounds like a old model. Customers will plug in and then tune out with their electronic devices and earbuds in. I doubt any advertising will influence customers.

Just like CNN at the airports. Nobody watches it anymore. They are glued to their own devices.

Sounds like a old model. Customers will plug in and then tune out with their electronic devices and earbuds in. I doubt any advertising will influence customers.

Just like CNN at the airports. Nobody watches it anymore. They are glued to their own devices.
Some of the stations I fuel at have ad's at the pumps while fueling. I have no idea what they are selling because I am doing other stuff while they play.

No, I'm talking about literally bringing the "charge' to the stranded vehicle ( just like a can of fuel or a jump)
I'm thinking this might be a good service business to go into. I was talking to my son about it the other day when we saw a tesla on this side of I75.
Call out charge and a charge charge. LoL. Probably some money to be made there if you do it right.

I'm thinking this might be a good service business to go into.
All jokes aside, somebody is going to eventually have to do it. Possibly combined with a roadside battery exchange.

Need a truck with a jenny and a lift (for exchanges)- possibly a 2 man crew

Wait till those fees get published.

Well there you have it. Guess I'm to late :)

I was thinking something like this. Take it to events and/or do roadside service. Solar for looks, genset inside :)
ms-solar-generator-product-flare.png

All jokes aside, somebody is going to eventually have to do it. Possibly combined with a roadside battery exchange.

Need a truck with a jenny and a lift (for exchanges)- possibly a 2 man crew

Wait till those fees get published.
In our Model 3, you have to work hard to run outta "gas".
Navigation routes you based on remaining range and supercharger locations. Supercharger to Supercharger if you will.
If you get low, Tesla will recommend a speed to reach your destination.
As the range gets below 10% remaining, the battery symbol turns yellow and then red.

Warnings are repeated and are hard to ignore, but yes, people will run out.
Then it is time for a rescue tow, or perhaps a mobile charge.

In our Model 3, you have to work hard to run outta "gas".
Navigation routes you based on remaining range and supercharger locations. Supercharger to Supercharger if you will.
If you get low, Tesla will recommend a speed to reach your destination.
As the range gets below 10% remaining, the battery symbol turns yellow and then red.

Warnings are repeated and are hard to ignore, but yes, people will run out.
Then it is time for a rescue tow, or perhaps a mobile charge.
Have you ever run yours that low? If not what's the lowest you have run it? Have you ever had to change your route to get a charge in a low batt situation? Just wondering I would like to hear the experiences. I know for me with the amount I drive I would have range anxiety, I realize it is the same as ICE WRT fillups.

Have you ever run yours that low? If not what's the lowest you have run it? Have you ever had to change your route to get a charge in a low batt situation? Just wondering I would like to hear the experiences. I know for me with the amount I drive I would have range anxiety, I realize it is the same as ICE WRT fillups.
I have not run the battery low. Truth be told, we take the GS most of the time. It is a wonderful car.
Regarding range anxiety; it's not what you think.
I keep saying these cars are different. Anxiety comes fron thinking from an ICE car point of view, and fear.
When we bought the Tesla, we drove around our 'hood. There are numerous places to charge.
Kaiser hospital (few blocks away) had about 5 charging stations with maybe 4 to 6 chargers each. Scattered around the numerous buildings.
There is a huge (maybe 20) Tesla Supercharger location downtown behind a huge Safeway. Sometimes you have to wait in line!
Starbucks has chargers; one in the Palo Alto Stanford area has 20.
Many companies have chargers, often subsidized, so you go to work and plug in. Your cell alerts you when your car is fully charged. Some co-workers have told me they never charge at home.
Basically you park and plug in.

But for the vast majority, you charge at home start each day with a full charge. Most people drive like 30 miles per day. And if you have solar panels, your energy costs approach zero.

The moral of the story? It ain't what you think. You learn.
And the Model 3s are a flat out blast to drive!

Back