A call to FP users...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those using a steady dose of FP, do you, once in a while use a strong injector cleaner like ProGuard every oil change or so?

I have been using FP for a while. I use fuel system cleaner like techcron, redline, or regane. I get a small boost in MPG after using it.

I don’t plan on using LC anymore. I did not notice any difference between LC and Lucas UCL in terms of gas mileage. The FP/LC prices have jumped since I last ordered and lucas, techron, regane... are cheaper and readily available.

I have used Gumout Regane with my FP60. I figured a different solvent would attack different deposits, and it couldn't hurt, either way.
I am leaning towards Lucas UCL, for availability, a little mileage improvement, along with cleaners and being a top end lube.
It has been working well.

I *PRIMARILY* use FP60, but my tank currently has a whole bottle of Redline SI-1 in the car. Unknown history with 88k on the clock I figure it wouldn't hurt.

Before this I ran two shock doses of FP60 (6oz per 15gal tank).

If you run FP60 or Lucas UCL each tank, there is no need to use other cleaners.

I simply up the dose every once in a while - cheap to do, probably does nothing but make me feel like Im doing some more cleaning
smile.gif

Yes I have. When I looked under the oil cap of my car, I knew that it would take more than maintenence doses to get the car clean. Just finished a molasoak, and have a good dose of FP left over with some Redline SI-1 in there too.

Just religious use of FP every tank. I noticed that when a friend borrowed my truck and topped it off without FP, more carbon was apparent on the tailpipe. This stuff definitely helps my truck burn cleaner!

No, nothing else. After 24k so far on brand new 2006 vehicle, the tailpipe has a light grey film...almost like the day I brought her home!

In the last 100,000 miles: Only when I have run out or forgotten to carry enough FP on a road trip. On my current vehicle ('01 DODGE Ram V8-318 with leaking intake plenum) I've used Redline once in the past 30,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back