A/C on but nobody there

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Walmart today and out in the parking lot was a beautiful new Dodge Charger police car idling with the A/C on .... nobody inside the car. Then I went to the Vons grocery store and out in the parking lot was a black Chevrolet Camaro convertible idling with the A/C on .... nobody inside the car. The temperature outside today was 100 F. Anyway, just an observation.
grin2.gif

The po-po was probably inside getting ready to take one of Walmart's loyal patrons to the city hotel,haha! :^P

If I had a car with remote start I'd definitely let it run while I'm in the store. Doors locked and it won't shift out of gear unless you're in the car with the key.

I think they'll run for 10-15 minutes on the remote start which is better than nothing. Especially needed when it's 110+ here

What a waste. Yes it's hot, I get it. 1) it's summer; and, 2) you chose to live where you do (not you specifically, OP).

I have seen some guys do that in the dept I work for, however it is "Against regulations". It usually happens anyway and nobody ever gets in trouble since it is easily justifiable incase you need to get in and jump on the pedal. Rather jump on a pedal with a warm engine than one that is cold from sitting for a while. Plus the computer can take a LOOOOONG time to re-boot.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I went to Walmart today

Now we know why you start all these random threads..

Walmart has damaged you.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
Plus the computer can take a LOOOOONG time to re-boot.

This is especially inconvenient when the lights and sirens are run by the computer.

there is a bright side to leaving the car running with a/c on. Toddlers are dying in this summer heat. I rather see the car running with a/c on. maybe the parents will get charged with reckless abandonment instead of murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back