A BMW at U-Wrench

I personally pour my first cup nearly the second the brewing cycle is complete, and drink it instantly. I also pre-warm my cup with boiling water and drink it black with nothing to cool it down. Unless I am using my very well insulated cup, I rarely finish a cup, as it gets too cold for my preference too quickly.
You must have tough skin.

"Most adults will suffer third-degree burns if exposed to 150 degree water for two seconds. Burns will also occur with a six-second exposure to 140 degree water or with a thirty second exposure to 130 degree water. Even if the temperature is 120 degrees, a five minute exposure could result in third-degree burns."

I personally pour my first cup nearly the second the brewing cycle is complete, and drink it instantly. I also pre-warm my cup with boiling water and drink it black with nothing to cool it down. Unless I am using my very well insulated cup, I rarely finish a cup, as it gets too cold for my preference too quickly.
Are you drinking Big Gulps of it? A 12 oz. mug is like 4-5 mouthfuls of liquid. How could it possibly cool down below your preference in the time it takes to drink 4 mouthfuls?

Obviously no...I sip and enjoy my coffee - its not a big gulp
Then I would posit you do not enjoy it as hot as you think you do. Sipping drastically reduces the temperature 😉

I'm just messing with you though. I totally understand your position. I just felt like picking a fight for no good reason 🥊🤡 🥊

Last edited:
Then I would posit you do not enjoy it as hot as you think you do. Sipping drastically reduces the temperature 😉

I'm just messing with you though. I totally understand your position. I just felt like picking a fight for no good reason 🥊🤡 🥊

No, you are correct...I enjoy the sipping and smelling and "ritual" around drinking a nice hot cup of coffee. No worries!

I will say that I am pretty sure the average "gulp" for a person is around one fluid oz. So a 12oz cup of coffee would be much more than 4-5 mouthfuls of liquid. If you can down a can of soda in 4-5 gulps, you would be above average me thinks ;-)

If you can down a can of soda in 4-5 gulps, you would be above average me thinks ;-)
I guess they might've been right all this time I've been told I've got a big mouth.

Just call me "Big Gulp"😅

Edit: You had me curious and I happened to have exactly 15 oz. of water in front of me. I downed it in less than 6 mouthfuls/gulps. So I'd be at 4.8 for a 12 oz. can.

Last edited:
Never been to a U-Wrench. Not sure where one is. Would they allow one to spray a rustproofing which would drip the product on the ground and mist some in the air?

Do they supply compressed air?

Do they make sure the lift arms are properly set on car so car does not fall off?

I always keep a spray can of Krown handy and touch up areas that need it while it’s on the hoist. However it’s possible that someone might complain about the fumes if you overdid it. I know one guy went overboard with brake cleaner and man it was hard on us.

Yes, they supply aIr hoses for air tools, but I think if you were planning on wholesale spraying I think they would shut you down. Not enough air exchange.

They have an employee who does all the setting up with the lift arms. You aren’t allowed to do that yourself.

Last edited:
There’s a LOT more about the coffee lawsuit than simply a lady suing mcd’s because she got burned. she never wanted to sue IIRC, and I think it was her daughter that asked mcd’s to help with the $18k in medical expenses because of permanent injuries to her privates from the spill, that’s how it started and it went south badly. And in the end, I’m not sure she got anything from it. There’s a great book on Amazon, a truly delightful read, called a “a crash course in American law,” which talks about the case.

Back