A bar in the middle of the desert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a cruise yesterday. Looking for something new.

I found this little bar way out in the desert. Amazing that places like this are still around.

I'm not a drinker but I did have a beer there. The place has been there since the 1920's.

Saw some "interesting" desert locals while I was there. They seem to have enough business to stay open I guess.

0627091950.jpg

I saw one of these near Tucson. It advertised "A patio"; the patio was a 20 x 20 spot in back of the building, enclosed by chain link fence, and the tables were tipped over cable spools.

Yeah, sorry, I am missing something. Old building in the desert - what was the novelty of this bar?

It is neat to find new places that you like to go to, but I can't determine much else by the picture.

Are there not many people living in that area?

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I saw one of these near Tucson. It advertised "A patio"; the patio was a 20 x 20 spot in back of the building, enclosed by chain link fence, and the tables were tipped over cable spools.

The chain link fence offered protection from what or whom? Graboids, chupacabra, carnies?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
That looks like a good bar to go to. It looks big enough for a pool table. Works for me.

I could care less what it looks like. As long as the beer is cold, fresh, and on tap.
beer3.gif

This is a much better pub. the wife used to live here as a kid.

607267-Kynuna-Pub-2.jpg

Kynuna Pub
John Wallace & Sylvia Bowman
John Wallace & Sylvia Bowman
Photographer: John Wallace & Sylvia Bowman

Originally Posted By: Johnny
We don't have a desert, but we do have a lot of wilderness, and there are little bars everywhere up here.

Gotta keep warm in those cold Wisconsin winters somehow...
:)

Quote:
Saw some "interesting" desert locals while I was there. They seem to have enough business to stay open I guess.

Did one of them look like Cheech Marin?

996DTD_Cheech_Marin_002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back