A 10W-30 HDEO for a $ per quart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who can use it, it appears that the (Conoco) Phillips TropArtic SemiSynthetic Blend oils, currently available at many Dollar Tree stores, carries both the gas SM, SL, SJ ratings AND is rated CF, as well as meeting ILSAC GF-4.

Not much good for you guys with newer diesels but certainly an option for older diesel owners, eh?
fruit.gif

Cheers!
cheers.gif

CI-4+ rating (and all the usual gasser ratings) on "President's Choice" 15W40 for around $1.25/L here (in US dollars). Won't mention the retailler, but most in Canada should be familiar with them by the brand name.

The stuff is rebottled Esso XD-3, btw.

Last time I checked on the PC 15w40, it was $1.99 a quart. You save a hair over 2 bucks buying 4 quarts of this over buying a 4 quart jug of XD3 15w40 at Walmart.

CF doesn't cut it for my use. If you want a 10W30 HDEO check out your local Ford dealer, as they carry Motorcraft 10W30 HDEO with a CI-4 rating, the 'real' stuff. I guess it was for the newer Powerstroke, but our local dealer sent their stock back as no one was using it. It was $2.60 a qt, which is kinda high.

pbm: Yes, any oil that also carries a "C-?" rating would per se qualify as a HDEO, IMHO.

Remember, this CF rating is not good enough for the more modern diesels, but for a $ per, how can one go wrong in a gas application, or for older oil burners?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back