A-10 Warthog-AKA-Thunderbolt II-Tank Buster

I have always liked the general configuration and layout of the A10. From a civilian point of view, the design criteria of a narrow tandem fuselage, a robust straight wing, and a non "T" tail would lend themselves to neat personal transport. Not something tiny like an RV8, but something substantially larger.

In college, I was fascinated with UDF's (open rotor engines) and spent many hours contemplating an A10-like civilian bird with 2 small UDF engines on the tail. It's not hard to see how 2ea "noisy" UDF's could be mounted above an A10-like tail.

Engines like this:

aircraftfuel.jpg

bfb5ea4ff7685c659bb71ed36bc741e7.jpg

Watched part of the movie last night. It cuts straight from Emma Stone sitting in the cockpit of the F-22 to John Krasinski in the cockpit of a C-17 at night. That piece of video I linked looks to just add some other footage of F-22s taxing, taking off, and flying over farmland.

Anyone know anything about the tail codes? Just noticed that in the scene in the movie it's HH, which I found corresponds to the 154th Wing.

154%20WG%20PNG.png

The planes taking off are FF. Can't find anything that corresponds to an F-22.

FF is Langley AFB.
HH is Hickam AFB

154th Wing at Hickam

I saw a list of aircraft with the FF tail marking and I knew it was at Langley. But the lists I saw didn't show F-22s. However, it looks like it's the 94th Fighter Squadron or 27th. Can't tell which because it's just a blur.

I was fooled into thinking that was actually the scene from the movie, but they go right up to the point where there's cockpit noise from a C-17 and then loop back to the beginning of the music.

Back