$995.00 NOS Mopar Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 10 gallons of (New, old stock) gasoline from a '71 Barracuda. Straight from the factory, siphoned out of the car for long term storage before the car even left the dealers lot. I figure I'll sell it for $3000 a gallon to help finance my retirement when the time comes.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

I guess if someone wants a concourse perfect restoration, maybe installing a $1000 oil filter adds more than $1000 to the resale value of the vehicle.

If you ask me, its insanity. Sometimes my Mopar brethren embarrass me. :p People do just go nuts over finding parts like this for the "perfect" restoration, and I've never understood it, but to each his own...

exactly. the reason that there are so few surviving mopars is that at the time, they weren't as popular as GM's and fords. original build quality was horrendous. dealers had the worst time trying to sell daytonas and superbirds (as I'm sure you know, quite a few were 'debeaked' to get rid of them).
duplicating sloppy workmanship is pathetic. unless it's in a museum, I don't want to see a NOS oil filter nor it it impressive.

Would a filter like that even be usable after all these years? I've heard on here that oil filters only have a shelf life of 3-6 years...maybe 10 if stored perfectly. I would be afraid of the filter element disintegrating and clogging an oil passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back