'97 Camry hit 325,000 miles yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Nice! Testament to both your maintenance and Toyota.

Manual transmission I take it?

Nope, auto transmission...and still operates like new as far as I can tell. Dealership flushed at 30k and 60k, then just drain and fill approximately every 60k after that using Toyota ATF.

Originally Posted By: tig1
My grandson has a 2002 Camry V6 with 190K. Even though the engine has been great(M1 5-30 at 10K OCIs)the rest of the car has been trouble. Gear shifter, door handles, wheel bearings, front axles, AC issues, radiator replacement, rear valve cover gasket($400), starter, alternator, etc. Like anything, some good ones and some bad ones.

Tig, I think the 02-06 models took a big quality knock. I just recently found a hole (yes a hole) in the frame to roof weld of my 05 that has been letting water into the inside of the car, fusebox and frames for the last 9 years. Toyota dealer could not diagnose - told me to have the windshield resealed. $321 later, of course that did not work, and after I inspected the areas found the hole, 1mm across. Just shoddy workmanship. A $15 tube of goop from the hardware store solved it!

The transmission on my Sienna is still working properly too, no issues that I'm aware of yet. The manual transmission on my ECHO is the only one that has had any problems
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: lukejo
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Nice! Testament to both your maintenance and Toyota.

Manual transmission I take it?

Nope, auto transmission...and still operates like new as far as I can tell. Dealership flushed at 30k and 60k, then just drain and fill approximately every 60k after that using Toyota ATF.

My brother in law's Sienna is a 2002 and its using to much oil, maybe a qrt every 1000 miles? He uses conventional oil and hasn't had it checked out yet , it has 117 k only!

any quick thoughts?

Thanks

325K miles - wow. That's great, thanks for passing along. I am mostly a Honda shill but do own a Sienna with 3MZ-FE 3.3L which I like very much.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
My brother in law's Sienna is a 2002 and its using to much oil, maybe a qrt every 1000 miles? He uses conventional oil and hasn't had it checked out yet , it has 117 k only!

any quick thoughts?

Thanks

1k seems like a lot, but these days that can be considered ok for new!

Those 117k, as those by chance all city miles? Worked hard, oil changed infrequently? Although, maybe it is something simple, like a bad PCV valve.

If my new car used a qt of oil every 1k I would be the dealers worst nightmare. It is NOT ok for a new car to use a qt of oil in 1k.

Excellent job. Do you ever get the itch for something new? If so, how do you keep from scratching it?

Is it a distributorless ignition (coil on plug)? If so, have you ever replaced the coils?

How often do you wash and wax the body? Any pics?

Originally Posted By: lukejo
'97 Camry hit 325,000 miles yesterday

Nice feeling isn't it?
I'm at 305,882 myself on the VQ30. No oil between 4-5K 5w30 dino OCI's with a 50 Mile daily commute. Japanese cars are pretty impressive, not that Domestics cant do the same, its just not as common I think.

I have to get the facts from my bro -in-law, not sure about the mileage on the oil usage,,.. no smoke on tail pipe, no soot, no rough idle.. zlot of city driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back