96 Metro spec'd for SH or GF-1 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
I was looking HARD at the Honda Fit prior to stumbling across the great deal I got on the 96 Metro.

Post a pic of your 09 Fit Sport, that's one sharp looking package.

Oh, and by the way, GEAUX TIGERS this Saturday!

No kidding! I have some grainy pics in a thread I started on it over in the Automotive section:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1464830#Post1464830

Saw the pics! Great car! It will probably last forever if well maintained.
I didn't get to read the thread, as I saw it was 22 pages long. Must have gotten a bit off topic, as a lot of things do.

Originally Posted By: VW_TDI_PD
Is it a 3cyl? I heard these ones have some issues compared to the 4cyl. Man, I dunno if I could do a metro. I "downgraded" from a newer VW golf to a 97 corolla, and man, its not a drivers car, i could only imagine what a metro would be like!

Alas, I always wanted a little 3cyl 2dr 5sp metro hatch with A/C..... much harder to find with A/C. I did drives a friends 3cyl AUTO convertible metro and man, talk about lack of power... downright dangerous to drive in anything more than light traffic!

I agree, they are not for everyone. Just think about how much fun my fellow Firefighters have had playing jokes on me and picking about the Metro for the last year. I always laugh along with them. B/C I'm the one laughing when it costs about 20 dollars to fill it up and I can go 300+ miles on 7.5 gallons of gas. The tank only holds 8.
Mine is the 4 dr 1.3L 4 cylinder "big block" with a 5 speed manual tranny.

1996Geo.jpg

Another thing, new tire are very cheap for that Metro!
We have one [3 cyl Metro] in the shop - a garage queen. My frugal shop partner is drooling for it.
Needs a clutch, and more importantly, a title.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Another thing, new tire are very cheap for that Metro!
We have one [3 cyl Metro] in the shop - a garage queen. My frugal shop partner is drooling for it.
Needs a clutch, and more importantly, a title.

Canadian Tire sells 12" tires for a whopping $34. Canadian.

I think I paid about $250 for 4 of them plus balance/install. Some folks drop that on one tire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back