'96 Buick Roadmaster 61k: valve cover pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevy 350 5.7L LT1
I have owned this car since 59k. Bought it from an elderly man in Orlando. He was the only owner before me. It currently has PUP with a napa silver filter. So far she has averaged 1k/yr. Plan to drive her more often now. She was seeping oil so my friend changed the valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets today. PCV valve was also changed as a precautionary measure. I told him to send me pictures of when both came off. Seems like the old man did infact do timely oil changes as he told me. Here's what my friend sent. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Ran two Caprices 'into the ground' so to speak w/ that engine. Really enjoyed using them. Miss it. The Cr Vic is good but the LT1 Caprices were great...! Enjoy your Buck version. Run it!

John.

I looked up 0-60 times for the Roadmaster and am shocked by how quick they were!
Always thought of them as a grandma car, would guess they are actually pretty fun...

For fun, as a comparison, here is what my 150,000 mile 94 Camaro LT1 looked like when I tore it down due to blown head gaskets. From day one it ran on a diet of synthetics ranging from amsoil, PP, rotella T6, every 3000-5000 miles. These are great engines, considering you have the iron headed LT1 you shouldn't have to worry about head gaskets unless you overheat the poor thing.

Also, since you are a fan of the LT1, you might be interested in what a 150,000 mile LT1 cylinder wall looks like after living a hard life.

Last edited:
Wow, there's a lot of varnish all around that engine. I had my valve covers off on my 350 (95 Silverado) and it looked nothing like that.

Last edited:
Reg# 43897: They sure are fun! I have a caprice and had a Town Car so I know what you mean.

Virtus_Probi: They're the ultimate sleeper! Super funnn to drive.

Tman220: wow at 150k your lt1 looks brand new! I could eat off it. Keep on doing what you're doing. Looks better than mine.

SatinSilver: Ha you remember the caprice. It's a night and day difference. The caprice being night because of that nasty black sludge.

There's a guy with a bone stock Roadmaster sedan who cuts 14.7 in the 1/4 with it. Disturbing.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back