94 Toyota 2.3 liter truck. What Antifreeze ?

Guys I don't have the owners manual. I have been running Dexacool in it for about 5 years now. I think it's time to change it out. With all the Hoopla about Dexacool, what is the type I should be running ? Funny thing. I use to have a radiator leak ... It self sealed .. I figured the Dexacool hardened in the crack it had in a weld where it was leaking. Thanks for any advise.. WD

I'm not an expert but from what I have read Toyota only recommends no or low silicate anti-freeze because of the aluminum engines.That being the case Toyota brand anti-freeze would be your best choice and you would need to flush out all of the Dex-cool.

If after draining the dexcool and everything looks OK(no crud in the radiator...), just stick with it.

The 22R/22RE doesn't need any special coolant. Regular Green off the shelf from Wal-Mart will work just fine. or you can use Toyota Red. What ever floats your boat. Your truck is a traditional Aluminum head/Cast Iron Block. I have the same engine in my Toyota camper, and have run green in it forever with ZERO problems. I have green in my grandpa's '93 with the same engine, and my last truck had the same engine, and I ran Toyota RED in it. Use what ever you are comfortable with. But if you do change to a different type, just remember to flush out your cooling system.

Toyota Super Long Life Pink Coolant (comes pre-mixed) would be a decent option. It's silicate-free and should last 60,000 miles easy, no problem.