'94 Saturn SL1 dino oil recommendation

I have this car, I am running Auto-RX in it now in shell rotella oil(200miles in). I'm just wondering what kind of Dino oil I should use when I'm done. Penzoil and Castrol GTX both look good but I can't decide. My dad swears by havoline these days. I'm prety sure I'm gonna stick with a 10w30 unless you think I'd benefit from a different weight. I'm not gonna bother with synthetics anymore, I don't want a repeat of the seal leak that auto-rx seems to have stopped already(or possibly slowed down significantly). --Matt [ November 28, 2002, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: mkosem ]

mkosem

aah yes, perhaps more info than the title provides is in order. Car Type?? '94 Saturn SL1 Milage?? 161K miles How is Car Driven?? Occasionally Driven Hard, mostly highway tho Oil Change interval?? 3-5K miles --Matt

Patman

Staff member
Either one of those two will serve you just fine, the Pennzoil has a better base oil, but also the GTX has proven itself on here with great oil analysis results. Both oils have a small amount of moly in them too.

mkosem

hmm, this car hates 5w30. hopefully she'll be happier after the auto-rx. I suppose I'll put drive clean 5w30 in and see how she go's. --Matt

mkosem

oh, btw, I already have the drive clean laying around and I figured it'd be a good dino oil to stick in after the arx is drained out. --Matt