94 blown Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin just put a blower on his 94 Mustang 5.0 and now im curious as to what oil he should use. He got it dyno'ed and its pushing around 470hp with 10-11psi of boost. He does drive it pretty regularly and it's mostly cruising around/city driving. He has been to the strip a few times but he is more into autox and thats actually what the car is set up for. Right now he is using MotorCraft 10w30. I have heard good things about MC..should he just stick with it?

Yea, I'd just stick with the Motorcraft 10w-30. Maybe step up to the Motorcraft high mileage 10w-30 if he can find it.

These engines have roller cams from the factory I believe so they should be easy on oil.

Bout the only way a Mustang driver can get blown is with Kenne Bell :) J/K....
RedLine or Shaeffers is what he should be looking at. M/C is great for the street but I wouldn't care for it with any regular abuse.

Motorcraft,nah I'd be stepping things up abit,to handle the abuse the car will see
whistle.gif

Redline,Amsoil,Shaeffers are some I'd consider
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Firehawk409
I've tried searching but didnt see any UOA's on any blown 5.0's. Anyone have one maybe?

I've got a blown mustang
grin2.gif

But,no UOA,mainly because I change my oil out every summer after it's stored over the winter. It'll be changed more often,after it's track ready
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Firehawk409
vortech s trim I think.

I have a number of friends with that blower; two of them are making 525RWHP and 534RWHP respectively. Oil choice has been Castrol SYNTEQ 5w50 or M1 5w50 in their engines IIRC.

I forgot to add that he does have a heads and cam package.

what should he actualy look for in a oil? you all gave some great choices....but why?

Might be a good idea to increase cooling capacity. Does it already have an oil cooler? Antifreeze can be mixed with less glycol, for better heat transfer, until boil protection is the limiting factor.

I recommend the M1 TDT 5w40 HDEO diesel oil because of the heat that oil is designed to see from the great stress it is put under in a diesel engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back