'93 Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father is picking up an absolutely mint '93 Acura Legend with 90kmi on it. What oil should I put in here? I was thinking Schaeffer's 7000 (because I have a good bit) 10w30 or maybe a heavier weight oil since summer is coming up? This car is the cleanest car I've ever seen of this vintage with this many miles, and since it is one of my favorite cars (and it is so much nicer looking than any of the new acuras) I would like to make it last a long time.

The Schaeffer 10w30 should work well in that engine, but you'll want to do a UOA just to be safe. You might want to give it an Auto-rx treatment before you begin just to make sure things are neat and tidy in that engine too.

I had a 91 Legend I sold at 99k and a 94 Legend I sold at 56k. I generally used Mobil 1, 10W30, at 5k interval. I'd say 10W30 Mobil 1 or #703 at 5 or 6k would be ideal.

Jack

If it's not burning any oil, the 10W-30 would be ideal. I might go with a 5W-30 next winter though, I know you guys get slammed during that time of year. Yeah, that is one sweet car. Congrat's on finding a cherried out one!
cheers.gif

my 92 with 45000miles is pretty good with 5/30 Mobil1. Consumption is so far 0 at 4000miles and it made the car much nicer to start on those cold toronto winter mornings.

A friend of mine is well into the
shocked.gif
300K range with his. He has changed almost every 3-4K with
shocked.gif
Chevron at the lube shop. Granted, the internals should have been cleaned... they are caked-up, but looks okay with the milage. The car itself is like my truck with
shocked.gif
416,000 miles+ (it is showing its age and I don't know how much longer he is going to keep it).

The
grin.gif
Motor is a CHAMP. IT purrs like a kitten
and feels like a tiger. This is one fantastic car.
Please, don't trade this thing, wait til it falls apart. The motor IMVHO is BULLET-PROOF!

quote:

Originally posted by carrera79:
My father is picking up an absolutely mint '93 Acura Legend with 90kmi on it. What oil should I put in here? I was thinking Schaeffer's 7000 (because I have a good bit) 10w30 or maybe a heavier weight oil since summer is coming up? This car is the cleanest car I've ever seen of this vintage with this many miles, and since it is one of my favorite cars (and it is so much nicer looking than any of the new acuras) I would like to make it last a long time.

Thanks guys. I just got to drive it the other day, and I would be hard pressed to trade it in for a new TL even up. It is so much nicer looking, and when I say mint I mean mint. The car was zbarted every year, doesn't have a single spec of rust on it. The paint looks brand new, and the interior is unbelievable. All this with me being extremely picky about cars. The belts, including timing, were all just replaced. I think I'm going to run the 7000 in it and do 6k intervals after a UOA. I really love this oil in my SAAB turbo BTW.

My friend has only used 10w/30
and were in Houston where it does get warm.
Go for using every bit of your 10w/30.
With the Schaeffers, I think you will
get a little cleaning action too.
That is a bullet-proof engine IMO, bulletproof!
Don't worry, it's got every bit of a 300K or 400K
in it if the rest of the car holds up.

quote:

Originally posted by carrera79:
What oil should I put in here? I was thinking Schaeffer's 7000 (because I have a good bit) 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back