93 Honda Prelude A/C question

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine called me today and said a A/C garage told him it will cost 5K bucks to have his A/C overhauled on his 93 Prelude...I have never heard of 5K bucks to repair a A/C on any car..The most I ever heard was 1500 bucks...He hasn't had time yet to get more estimates.

Sounds like a huge ripoff to me...He said he will sell the car if it will cost that much...Without A/C down here you will be soaked with sweat before you get to the office even at 6am.

Turns out he got 2 more estimates this afternoon and they were 1100 each..He decieded to give the car to his free loading girfriend and buy my neighbors 03 Grand Marquis for 4K bucks..My neighbor lost his license to a DWI and won't be driving for a long time to come..I told him the deal on the Marquis was 2 good to give up since the car was in excellent condition.

I'll take a stab at why

1st, it's Florida

2nd, he's a senior citizen (most likely)

Happens all the time.

Like I said, you start reclaiming swamp land for human habitation, the critters tend to attempt to infest their old stomping grounds and seek new forms of nourishment.

Of course, under "rule of law" and "the free market" ..Tempest will tell you this is a perfectly legit and admirable way of making a living.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I'll take a stab at why

1st, it's Florida

2nd, he's a senior citizen (most likely)

Happens all the time.

Like I said, you start reclaiming swamp land for human habitation, the critters tend to attempt to infest their old stomping grounds and seek new forms of nourishment.

Of course, under "rule of law" and "the free market" ..Tempest will tell you this is a perfectly legit and admirable way of making a living.
LOL.gif

Actually it is the Miami Beach..That part is right..The one who has the Honda is 45 years old and the one who lost his license and is selling him the Grand Marquis is 35 years old.

This might come as a shock Gary but not everyone is a senoir down here in the jungle.

..but he's competing with seniors for fleecing rights. Why should he be exempt??

It's a semi tongue in cheek reference. I have family there (not Miami) ..but my wife manages to get an annual trip taking her challenged adult children to one or two relatives fine condos there. She has to buy clothes to fit in at the marina/yaught club.

So ..let's attribute it to para Beverly Hills cost of living.

Down here we need A/C 365 days out of the year.

In Miami Beach you don't see too many senior citizens compared to the way it was back in the 1980's. I really can't stand going to Miami Beach unless I have to. Lots of homeless people milling around asking for spare change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back