92 f150 intermittent blower issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently bought a 92 Ford F150 with a 300 inline 6 runs good drives good everything's pretty good on it what is she live noticed is I'll have the heater on and the blower every few minutes we'll just quit blowing and then out of nowhere it'll work again. What would you guys check first

its possible any wiring fault could cause thing..or something is shorting in the motor.

the blower motor resistor is likely starting to go bad, especially is the fault happens in the lower settings but does not when the blower is set on high speed. check the plug for the resistor, these get pretty fried up/corroded.

When the switch is on but the motor is not running, measure the voltage at the motor. Voltage present but not turning means the motor is bad.

But like the others said it is most likely a burnt connection somewhere.

Pretty common problem on Fords of that time frame. Usual culprit is the ignition switch. The switch starts to separate and loose some of its electrical connections. One of the first symptoms is the blower acting up. You can inspect the switch by removing the steering column cover and look for a rectangular module with about ten wires going to it. It sits right below the key cylinder.

There was also a recall on the switch you could look into.

So the blower doesn't quit the air just quits coming out of the vents. The air will quit all together not sure why. It's all vacuum operated.

That is usually something to do with the vacuum system under the hood: the tubing, check valve, and reservoir.

If the air just doesn't come out of the vents at all not out of defrost floor or anything would that be a vacuum issue? Or could it be a "door" getting hung up or something? I thought when they leaked vacuum they defaulted to defrost.

Well I figured it out . So the previous owner had the a/c wired to a toggle switch. Well my leg hit the toggle switch and the way he wired it up it doesn't cycle so the a/c would freeze up and block the evap core thus no air getting through to the cabin. Its so freaking stupid I over looked it. What kind of moron does stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back