92 Camry Transmission leak/seal question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle is a 92 Toyota Camry. 2.2L with an automatic transmission. 188k original motor and transmission.

The last couple weeks I noticed what I thought was a leak coming from the passenger side CV shaft were it inserts into the differential. After cleaning and reinspecting the seal several times I have now decided the leak is most likely coming from the transmission itself. The fluid appears to be coming from where the engine and transmission are joined. Would any of our mechanics out there be able to tell me what a fair/ball park price would be to have this done a local indy shop? I am pretty sure this is beyond my mechanical abilities as it seems likely the transmission would have to be at least partially removed. Is there any other work that I should have done while it is apart?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Its a 92, so I would think its not worth dumping that money into a repair.

Not sure how many hours labor the shop would charge, I'm thinking its over 10 hours. Did you search any Toyota forums for any info?

As mentioned try something to stop the leak first.

If its your project car, why not fix it, no reason need be given, u just wanna keep it? Then fix it....

I have recently had the head gasket replaced, put new quick struts on, and just this weekend purchased new tires. I think at this point we are passed the point of no return. The estimate I got today was for 480 plus tax which put it right around $540

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back