92 5.0 supercharged mustang oil choice

Buddy has a stock motor supercharged 5.0 mustang and wants to know what oil to run in it. It's driven sometimes in the summer during summer heat here in Vegas and is driven hard when used. He just got it and has no idea what previous owner used. Any suggestions?

Forgot to add
This will be a once a year only oil change. Not driven enough to accumulate alot of miles

5 lbs of boost. Stock everything

I'd probably just use regular 5w30 in that case if it was mine. I have owned one of these cars in a similar configuration but I had heads/cam/intake as well, I had an S trim on it.

If it was tracking it or something I would probably use the 10w40.

5 lbs of boost. Stock everything
The old A-trim! Am I right? That was a popular add-on "back in the day". OK, so, definitely not a high HP application, Delvac 1 5W-40 should be more than adequate. I would also suggest he runs the Fleetguard LF3487 oil filter.

Forgot to add
This will be a once a year only oil change. Not driven enough to accumulate alot of miles
M1 0W-40 or M1 5W-40 Euro oil. once a year oil change interval. A HDEO will work as well.

Another for Mobil 1 0-40 or 5-40 Euro. A lot like a stout 30 weight for that engine auta provide all the protection needed for 5 lbs boost.

Back