'90s Car Deathmatch, who wins? Toyota Previa vs. McLaren F1. The results may surprise you...

82240AA8-3FDA-45DC-98F4-B8E16F46C5AF_jpe-1881118.jpg

They used to make the Caravan/Voyager, the Astro/Safari, and (AFAIK) the Aerostar with manuals too!

Unlike most people, I've actually driven a McLaren F1. It's among my very favorites. It really is fast, competent and fully devoid of electronic nannies. That last point makes it fantastic. As when you mash the go-pedal, it flat out rips. Today's stuff is detuned, numb and nonresponsive by comparison. Sure, there now faster vehicles, few are as fun.

Here I am driving an Enzo, chasing my boss' F1. Both had about 650HP, but the electronically controlled Enzo lost about 700 feet of ground each time the throttle was depressed. The F1 often just left 2 black strips and took off. Once both were full on boil, they were fairly evenly matched.

XSxkG5u.jpg

3kvZbCQ.jpg

Unlike most people, I've actually driven a McLaren F1. It's among my very favorites. It really is fast, competent and fully devoid of electronic nannies. That last point makes it fantastic. As when you mash the go-pedal, it flat out rips. Today's stuff is detuned, numb and nonresponsive by comparison. Sure, there now faster vehicles, few are as fun.

Here I am driving an Enzo, chasing my boss' F1. Both had about 650HP, but the electronically controlled Enzo lost about 700 feet of ground each time the throttle was depressed. The F1 often just left 2 black strips and took off. Once both were full on boil, they were fairly evenly matched.

XSxkG5u.jpg

3kvZbCQ.jpg
I had a Town Car almost identical to the one to your right in the first pic. Mine was a 2001; that one could be.. sure looks like a 2002 or earlier to me. Wheels look the same which is why I maybe think so. Hard to tell from the rear, at least for me it is.

Back