$ 90.00 for Pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have the freedom to be greedy. Everyone is at liberty to say, "No thank you. I am not insane."
wink.gif

I don't know if I am more upset that they charge that or that there are people that would pay that!

All the tourist "attractions" in Queensland have now banned bringing in anything but bottled water and baby milk.

Works for me, I won't bother taking in those either...saves a plane trip too.

I was kinda wondering how many stadiums could be demolished because there weren't enough super boxes before they would run out of steam. It's nature's way of saying you make too much money.

Hey, Jerry's gotta pay for that stadium AND make millions on it somehow.

Was never a football fan anyway, and I live nowhere near Arlington so the stadium and it's food prices have no affect on me. But I do feel for the people who scrimped and saved to buy tickets to see a game at Texas stadium. Those folks are now priced out of the game. Cowboys Stadium is for the well-to-do sportsfan.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry

Was never a football fan anyway, and I live nowhere near Arlington so the stadium and it's food prices have no affect on me. But I do feel for the people who scrimped and saved to buy tickets to see a game at Texas stadium. Those folks are now priced out of the game. Cowboys Stadium is for the well-to-do sportsfan.

I don't know that much about Arlington but I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of public subsidies to that stadium, which makes the high prices even more galling. I just don't understand why sports complexes are something that are deserving of gulping at the public tax trough.

I think a sale tax increase was levied in Arlington to help fund it. That's why I was glad it was over there instead of near me. I always felt that if Jerry wanted to build a super stadium, he should fork it over himself. Think of the people in Arlington who will likely never darken its doors, yet they're helping to pay for it.

The sports craze is a little out of hand in the belief that Texas Stadium was old and needed to be torn down. How long will it take this new complex to become outdated and get the wrecking ball? It's getting rediculous.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Originally Posted By: ViragoBry

I don't know that much about Arlington but I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of public subsidies to that stadium, which makes the high prices even more galling. I just don't understand why sports complexes are something that are deserving of gulping at the public tax trough.

Here's how you get a bankrupt city to fund a new stadium. You threaten to move, taking away all the revenue that you currently generate for the city.

It's the standard format. Make it painful either way they go. So, bonds get issued, construction contracts, jobs ..etc ..and up the ticket prices go.

I can't imagine being a season ticket holder for any sports team. One trip to watch Phil play the Dodgers on Lasorda's comp tickets (200 section) cost me $100 with free parking taking the 2 oldest kids about 15 years ago. I would have to be into 6 digits to do that as a dedicated season ticket fan. I imagine I would learn some economies with the vending, but the hard core fans I saw there had no issue yelling for whatever the vendors were pedaling.

Actually, all this stadium and taxation talk is how Arlington lured Jerry and his Cowgirls out of Irving. Irving had too much sense and too little money to replace Texas Stadium with that overpriced monstrosity, so they waved goodbye and now have a big empty lot to deal with.

Same thing. The Vet had to go since Camden ..across the river (and in another state) was competing for the franchise and the revenue.

Philly could not afford NOT to do it.

I think this is correct (my memory). What was the first city change for a pro-sports franchise? Does anyone remember? I believe it was for all pro=sports, not just the particular league/game.

Last edited:
They could use the empty lot for a real sports park, so people could actually play sports themselves, and reduce some of the rampant lardazziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back